Chief Financial Officer - CFO
Company: Indian Rivers Behavioral Health
Posted on: January 9, 2022
1. Ability to lead a financial team with proven leadership and
business abilities. 2. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting
principles and governmental accounting standards. 3. Strong
professionalism and communication skills. 4. Working knowledge of
financial and business software systems. 5. Strong professional
judgment/decision making and a solid understanding of accounting
correctness, financial analysis and reporting. Essential
- Manages finance office staff to ensure day-to-day business
operations, processing of financial data is accurate, and agency
deadlines are met. Ensure appropriateness and accuracy of business
- Oversee business office functions such as accounts receivables,
accounts payables, client accounts, billing systems, and
- Manages relationships with banking institutions and external
- Ensures agency compliance with all internal controls and
policies and procedures as well as external governing agencies and
- Generate monthly financial statement, verifies accuracy of
data, and distributes to Executive Director and Board of
- Forecasts agency's financial position in areas of income,
expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected
- Develops systems and monitors compliance with generally
accepted accounting principles and agency standards.
- Establishes and monitors internal controls of assets/resources
including developing and writing financial policies and
- Ensures that fiscal deadlines are met and appropriate data is
- Directs practice and cost accounting, budgeting, and special
- Prepares annual budget and coordinates and implements budgets
for all operating units.
- Manages and monitors the cash flow for the agency.
- Responsible for forecasting and conducting financial risk
- Conducts financial analysis of operations.
- Functions as a key member of the leadership team assisting in
directing the affairs of the mental health center.
- Keep apprised of and determine the financial impact of changes
in regulations and payment systems.
- Ensures proper receiving, deposition, and disbursing of all
center funds. -
- Reviews and audits all revenue generating contracts.
- Interface in a professional manner with agency staff, financial
auditors, and external agencies and businesses.
- Perform job duties independently and practice efficient time
- Responsible for Center compliance with all grants, agreements,
- Responsible for monitoring, preparing reports, and contract
analysis/compliance with all Alabama Department of Mental Health
- Responsible for being knowledgeable about government accounting
standards, OMB Circular A-102 Cost Grants and Cooperative
Agreements with State and Local Governments and OMB Circular A-133
Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit
- Ensure that all assigned duties are implemented according to
IRBH -policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all assigned duties are implemented according to
the DMH Standards.
- Ensure all safety, fire prevention, and health measures are
followed while on duty.
- Maintain communication and awareness of current events by
reading memos, e-mails, bulletin boards, and communication
- Achieve positive financial performance based on prior fiscal
year net revenue greater than actual expenses and budget targets
and expectations by taking ownership and accountability for IRMHC's
- Ensure that budgeting activities, claims submission, accounts
receivable and accounts payable activities are completed within the
timelines and guidelines established by PHP, external payer/fund
sources, and internal needs.
- Ensure all banking activities are completed timely and
- Monitor investments and transfer funds according to approved
- Maintain documentation and prepare vouchers for funding for all
contracts and grants.
- Ensure all payroll functions and operations are carried out in
a timely manner with maximum efficiency.
- Ensure and oversee balancing of all Asset & Liability accounts
for monthly close.
- Prepare monthly General Ledger Close Journal Entries.
- Support Organizational Code of Conduct, Standards Compliance,
HIPAA and Security Programs by ensuring job tasks are performed in
a legal and ethical manner, assessing the work area for
non-compliance and notifying the supervisor, manager, Executive
Director or designee as appropriate, and maintaining training
requirements and understanding that training is a required
condition of employment.
- Maintain the confidential nature of all consumer and
Organization related activities by not divulging information
outside the facility, discussing information within the facility on
a need-to-know basis, acknowledging policy annually by signing
confidentiality statement, and by referring media and general
inquiries to the Executive Director.
- Adhere to attendance and punctuality policy by allowing
adequate time to arrive, clock-in and assume responsibilities at
designated time, adhering to meal and break times and making timely
requests for annual leave and reporting the need for sick leave in
accordance with policy.
- Comply with all standards related to safety and health by
maintaining current TB Test, CPR/First Aid, CPI, and by reporting
infections and on the-job injuries in accordance with policy.
- Identify opportunities for improving the quality of services
provided by the department and the organization
- Respond to phone calls, emails, and other communications in a
- Communicate effectively and professionally with employees,
contract staff, and others in support of the Strategic Plan to help
achieve the Mission, Vision and Values of IRMHC.
- Represent Indian Rivers in an accurate and professional
- Maintain and support open communication with supervisor.
- Devote 40 hours of work per week to the completion of duties
outlined in the job description. More than 40 hours of work per
week may be required to meet job responsibilities and
- Work with Human Resources on all employee disciplinary
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the
Executive Director. Minimum Qualifications:
- A minimum of a BS degree in Accounting is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in a senior financial
management role, preferably in a health care organization,
partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and
implementation of creative financial management strategies.
- Experience in non-profit accounting and governmental funding a
- Must be able to read, write legibly, speak, and comprehend
English. Working Conditions, HIPAA, Other Guidelines: Job
Specifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise
qualified, to perform the essential functions. HIPAA: Must be
knowledgeable of and abide by HIPAA regulations with regard to
protected health information as defined by HIPAA and IRBH.Minimally
accesses verbal, written, and /or electronic PHI, usually
incidentally to an approved use and /or disclosure as pertains to
consumer's financial, demographic, and/or clinical data. Working
Conditions: Works in general office environment and in outpatient
facilities; may require long hours.Must have the use of sensory
skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other
employees and the public through the use of the telephone and
personal contact. Physical capability to effectively use and
operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not
limited to, computer, copier, multi-line phone and fax machine.Some
risk involved in the event of aggressive/out-of-control
consumers.Must possess a valid Alabama driver's license. Physical
Requirements: The Physical Requirements described herein are
representative of those which must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the primary functions of this job.Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities,
who are otherwise qualified, to perform essential functions.
Physical presence onsite is essential.Hearing and vision must be
normal or corrected to within normal range.Able to perform the
duties with or without reasonable accommodation. Full-Time Employee
Benefits: Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical Insurance Employees
Retirement System of Alabama Prescription Drug Coverage Mileage
Reimbursement Paid Time Off Voluntary Dental, Vision, and Life
Insurance Indian Rivers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This Employer participates in E-Verify
Keywords: Indian Rivers Behavioral Health, Tuscaloosa , Chief Financial Officer - CFO, Accounting, Auditing , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!