Financial Advisor Trainee - PCG
Company: Raymond James Financial
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Through distance learning, apprenticeship and training at the
firm's international headquarters, the Advisor Mastery Program
(AMP) offers a comprehensive education for the next generation of
Raymond James Financial Advisors. The program takes a holistic
approach by incorporating training for technical and sales skills
to fully position new Advisors for success.
In conjunction with a Mentor, Branch Manager, and/or a team of
Financial Advisors, the Financial Advisor Trainee will learn to
build an individual practice. The Trainee will balance new client
development, sales activities, investment management, customer
service and compliance with personal and professional growth and
development. The Trainee will also provide clients with sound
financial advice and counsel consistent with the client's
objectives, time horizon, and risk tolerance. In addition, the
requirements of the AMP Program are designed to support long-term
development, whether a candidate plans to be a stand-alone Advisor
or join an existing team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Become trained and skilled to effectively and efficiently perform
the Financial Advisor role:
- If hired as a team candidate, the team will provide the
specific goals and expectations.
- Meets production targets that impact overall company revenue
- Develops a book of business consistent with AMP program goals
for assets under management and required production.
- Provides a high level of client service.
- Manages the full scope of a client relationship by evaluating
the client's financial needs, investment opportunities, current
holdings and available investment capital.
- Helps clients identify their investment objectives by
effectively communicating portfolio losses when necessary, while
preserving client loyalty.
- Develops client pipeline by prospecting, networking, engaging
in community initiatives, centers of influence and developing
- Recommends investment products, solutions, and services that
are suitable for prospects and clients based on predetermined
client needs, time horizons, risk profile, and preferences.
- Seeks expertise of internal resources to identify investment
opportunities and solutions for clients.
- Opens, transfers, and closes customer accounts.
- Maintains appropriate account records while monitoring the
- Makes recommendations consistent with changes in economic and
financial conditions as well as the client's needs and objectives,
considering newly offered investments.
- Obtains and verifies the customer's purchase and sale
instructions, enters orders, and follows up on completion of
- Completes required program training and assignments, obtains
mandatory industry licenses within prescribed timeframes, masters
assessments and meets minimum performance and production
- Stays abreast of investment products, industry rules and
regulations, and financial planning.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Economic and accounting principles and practices.
- Financial markets, banking, and financial data analysis and
- Basic principles and methods for showing, promoting, and
selling products or services.
- Firm's working structure, policies, mission, strategies, and
- Operating client relationship manager system and other required
software applications to produce financial plans, correspondence,
reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and
- Identifying the needs of customers through effective
questioning and listening techniques.
- Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and
assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a
fast-paced work environment to run an optimal practice.
- Continuously learn investment products, industry rules and
regulations, and financial planning.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate
effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational
- Keep all appropriate parties up-to-date on decisions, changes,
and other relevant information, and articulate reasons behind
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
clients and colleagues.
- Persevere, handle rejection and show resilience during the
prospecting and networking process.
- Network in the community and effectively market him or herself
and Raymond James.
- Demonstrate persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively in high stress
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
preferred with a minimum of three (3) years of relevant working
experience, demonstrating achievement in sales (preferably
intangible) or business environments.-or-
- An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or
training as approved by Human Resources.
- SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering
cannot be applied.
- Series 7 and Series 66 or the ability to obtain them within
four (4) months from the start of the program.
- Life, Health and Variable Annuity or the ability to obtain
within six (6) months from the start of the program.Raymond James
Guiding BehaviorsAt Raymond James our associates use five guiding
behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to
deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity,
independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for
delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firmAt Raymond
James - we honor, value, respect the uniqueness, experiences, and
backgrounds of all of our Associates. When associates bring their
best authentic self, our organization, clients and communities
thrive, it is part of our part of our people-first culture. The
Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment
decisions on the basis of merit and business needs.Job Financial
Advisor Trainee ProgramPrimary Location
Full-timeShift Day JobTravel Yes, 10 % of the Time
Keywords: Raymond James Financial, Tuscaloosa , Financial Advisor Trainee - PCG, Accounting, Auditing , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!