Corporate Controller Specialist w/ Industrial Engineering Background
Company: SWJ TECHNOLOGY
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Controller Analyst position is a vital role in the Finance area
supporting specific area(s) of the business with data analytics,
forecasting, analyzing the forecast against a plan, tracking of key
performance indicators, managing projects, and supporting other
finance related activities. This position presents to management
providing data that drives improvement to key performance
indicators and supports strategic decisions.
- Responsible to utilize financial knowledge and business
judgment to perform data analytics on data sets (e.g. SAP,
Hyperion, PeopleSoft, Kronos, HReData) including build financial
models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations
that deliver results, drive improvements, influence business
partners and improve decision making to achieve company KPIs (key
performance indicators) / cost targets.
- Prepare and present reports including monthly cost center
reports, and other KPI reporting that includes analysis and
explanation for under/over performance against the financial
targets for overhead or other KPIs, e.g. manpower/OT, etc.
- Responsible for utilizing financial systems and advance excel
functions to deliver weekly/monthly/annual financial analysis based
on analyzed data for planning, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Create effective business partnership, manage competing
priorities, and providing guidance during unexpected events.
- Instinctively utilize active listening skills to communicate
data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and clear-cut
manner, adjusting your style based on audience, to articulate
complex finance issues.
- Proactively identify opportunities to increase process
efficiency, transparency, and/or improve or simplify finance tools
across teams and/or with departments.
- Present financial target guidance to management according to
- Initiate, coordinate and track continuous improvement measures
to support cost center management to reach financial targets.
- Review/approve purchase requisitions to determine if the
purchase is within budget, accounted for correctly (cost
center/cost category), and that the supporting documentation is
- Prepare month-end liability accruals in accordance with IFRS
(international financial reporting standards). Support closing
activities with transparent reporting over major impacts in the
actuals on a monthly basis.
- Review and prepare quarterly/annual risk assessment with
departments including analyzing current risks and identifying
potential risks that are affecting their area / company.
- Maintain cost center structure and cost allocations to ensure
accurate division reporting (product dedication) including
analyzing various data sources to ensure data congruency.
- Responsible for planning and overseeing projects within team
and cross-functional to ensure they are completed according to
- Clearly document shifts and service agreements in appropriate
company systems that are affecting the respective department.
- Prepare special analysis and projects as required by
Management, and act as the backup for other Departmental
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Industrial
Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field of study
OR the equivalent combination of education and/or years of relevant
- Co-Op/internship or up to three (3) years professional
experience in a financial role.
- Meeting organization and facilitation abilities
- Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and basic database
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in strategic business
and financial analysis
- Ability to challenge ideas while maintaining the respect and
confidence of colleagues, orchestrate and lead projects and to
organize and lead meetings to next steps and conclusion.
- Ability to communicate and network well at all levels in
support of functional area goals, while adhering to financial
standards and cost targets.
- Strong planning/budgeting skills.
- Basic understanding of the German language helpful.
- Hyperion and SAP skills.
- Work is normally performed in an office, laboratory,
manufacturing floor, or machine shop setting where physical work
includes, but is not limited to, sitting, standing, reaching,
kneeling, bending, and lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to understand and comply with all relevant safety
FLSA STATUS/WORKING SCHEDULE:
- Location: Admin
- Schedule: Day Shift
- Core Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm / Monday - Friday / Flexible
- Weekly Overtime: Minimal to None
- Weekend Work: Minimal to None
- Travel: None
- Assignment Start: ASAP
- Assignment End: 1 year
This job description is a high-level overview of general
expectations of this position. It is not intended to list every
responsibility of the position, nor does it represent an employment
contract of any kind.
SWJ TECHNOLOGY and all of its subsidiaries (i.e., NGE EQUIPMENT and
ProjectOne US) are Equal Opportunity Employers and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: SWJ TECHNOLOGY, Tuscaloosa , Corporate Controller Specialist w/ Industrial Engineering Background, Engineering , Vance, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!