Senior Technical Engineer
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Senior Technical EngineerUnited StatesInformation TechnologyAug
16, 2022Post Date22202106Requisition #Apply for JobShare this
JobSign Up for Job AlertsCTG is seeking to fill aSenior Technical
Engineeropening for our client based in Buffalo, New
York.Location:RemoteDuration:12 monthsOverview:Provides technical
solutions, designs, documentation, and guidance, specifies
solutions, and provides technical guidance at the highest level of
technical direction in the development and deployment of new or
existing technical solutions.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with Technology management, customers, and support
teams on a regular basis to lead the design, development, and
execution of technical solutions that meet or exceed the current
and future needs of the organization.
- Primary responsibilities may include infrastructure
architecture and design, research and development of new or
expanded systems, creation of technology standards and policies,
thorough analysis of user requirements and operational constraints,
unit test and system integration, and user acceptance testing.
- Regularly and independently interact with business partners of
varying associate and management levels to ensure clarity of the
problem/opportunity and elicit business requirements. Estimate the
size of the effort required to complete complex, moderate to large
scale projects where applicable.
- Coordinate vendor interactions and manage contract and/or
vendor resources as needed.
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineers, technicians, and
integrators. Review documentation, proposals, and changes proposed
by less experienced staff.
- Seek to expand knowledge and understanding of Financial
Services trends, practices, and technologies on a continuous
- Follow and promote use of industry best practices, standards
- Maintain an expert level of technical aptitude and expert
working knowledge of supporting application(s), development
environments and the supported client environment. Maintain an
expert level understanding of vendor products, services, and future
- Assist in developing expense and capital budgets.Education and
- Combined minimum of 12 years higher education and/ or work
experience in systems design, management, and/or architecture.
- Thorough understanding of the system development and
infrastructure lifecycle and architecture, vendor best practices,
IT Service Management, and systems design.Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer
- Minimum 12 years advanced experience in a technical engineering
position involving infrastructure design technologies, data
management and interchange, system design and/or development for
- Ability to translate complex business and functional
requirements into structured high quality implementations using any
variety of industry standard approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to develop alternative solutions to
complex problems and recommend the best solution to the technology
business, and project teams.
- Advanced technical skills.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- Verifiable industry and/or vendor expertise in relative
- Able to meet with clients of varying levels to gather,
document, and analyze system specifications and requirements, work
closely with integrators, developers, and testers in the fast-paced
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
in team environment.
- Ability to use effective facilitation skills and techniques to
elicit and review requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders
and group size.
- Understanding of how the people, processes and technology
within an organization interact in relationships and patterns to
create a feasible solution on projects of medium to high
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possesses effective influencing skills.
- Logical thinker.
- Strong knowledge of server/client and virtual
- Ability to master complex tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience with project estimation and budget/planning
- Able to learn quickly in a rapid pace environment.Excellent
verbal and written English communication skills and the ability to
interact professionally with a diverse group is required.CTG does
not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment
agencies, or fee based recruitment services for this role.To
Apply:To be considered, please apply directly to this requisition
using the link provided.For additional information, please
contactKim Watzekat716email@example.com. Kindly
forward to any other interested parties-thank you!CTG's Benefits
Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your
lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational
plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement
Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan
comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical,
professional and business development courses.CTG is a leading
provider of digital transformation solutions and services that
accelerate clients project momentum and achievement of their
desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an
indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career
destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations
in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For
more information, visit www.ctg.com.Our culture is a direct result
of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions
we take. In other words, our people are the culture. Its a living,
breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we
engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of
our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops
the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to
Work-certified company across many of our global operations.CTG
will consider for employment all qualified applicants including
those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.CTG
is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will
assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and
employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits,
compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals
without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression,
age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or
any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our
Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality
and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to
promoting employment opportunities for members of protected
- Job Function: Process Engineering
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)
- Work Remote: Yes
- Travel: No
Keywords: CTG, Tuscaloosa , Senior Technical Engineer, Engineering , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!