GI Bill OJT Diesel Mechanic Vance
Company: Averitt Express
Posted on: October 8, 2018
We are excited to announce that Averitt is now an elite member and proud to offer the Post 9/11 GI Bill On-The-Job Training program for veterans and/or family members with Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits available.Attention Diesel Techs! We're offering a $2,500 BONUS for qualified mechanics! ($1,250 at 90 days and $1,250 at 180 days!) So whether you served our country several years ago or a few days ago, we believe every veteran deserves to work with a team that has your back- and a company that has your future. That's why we don't just take pride in our veterans- we take care of them. Hours: Mon-Fri 5:30pm-5:30am If you're looking for a place to hang your hat, take a closer look at Averitt. Whatever branch you're coming from, whatever knowledge you bring to the table, we can't wait to put your experience to work, and your mind at ease.How the On-The-Job (OJT) program works: Must have previously served in the U.S. military or a family member with Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits available. To check to see if you have available benefits, please visit or call . It could take the V.A. approximately 90 days to determine eligibility. If you qualify for the Post 9/11 GI benefits, you are eligible to get up to 12 monthly payments from the V.A. while you receive on-the-job training. Everyone participating in this program will receive 12 months of on the job training. Eligible Diesel Mechanics will complete all required paperwork during orientation. Benefit checks are paid directly from the Department of Veteran Affairs, not Averitt, usually 4-6 weeks after training begins. Eligible to earn up to $1,140 per month tax free using your available Post 9/11 GI Bill funds PLUS your weekly Averitt paycheck.Why Choose Averitt:
- Uniformed company with quality people and a culture which includes strong structure and organization.
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion from within after completion of the 12 month OJT program.
- 1,000+ (10%) associates who have been with the Averitt team for 20 or more years!
- Leading transportation provider since 1971.About Our Diesel Mechanic Position:
- 4 day work week available (select locations)
- Raises are based on experience level, evaluated every 90 days
- Paid clock hours, not book hoursDiesel Mechanic Functions & Duties:
- Clean, safe shop facilities
- 11 uniform sets provided & laundered
- Working on modern, low mileage, private fleet equipment
- Volvos and/or Freightliners
- Cummins, Volvo, and Detroit engines
- Volvo I-Shift and Detroit DT12 automated transmissions
- Bumper to bumper preventive maintenance service and/or repair to tractor, trailer, and Toyota forklifts
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting on computers
- Diesel engine repair
- Preventive maintenance inspection
- Major and minor trailer repairs
- Electrical trouble shooting
- Minor transmission repair
- Brake system repair
- Tire maintenance
- Air conditioning system repair
- Tire & Wheel, Heavy Duty Brake System and A/C Certifications a plus
- ASE Certifications a plusBenefits:
- Family & individual BlueCross BlueShield medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:$81.70 per week for family coverage $32.05 per week for single coverageWith the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation)
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Wellness programs available Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Averitt Express, Tuscaloosa , GI Bill OJT Diesel Mechanic Vance, Engineering , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!