Posted on: January 14, 2019
As a successful family-owned company on a path to global growth, the Brose Group offers challenging responsibilities and exciting career opportunities to performance-driven, skilled specialists with solid professional knowledge and proven career expertise who wish to contribute to our companys success.Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Job Overview:
- Ensure customer requirements relating to quality and efficiency are met as related to the specific duties and responsibilities below:
- Provide programming support for the plant to ensure safety, quality, uptime and performance goals
- Update, modify, and continuously improve existing controls systems including robot, ladder logic, relay logic, electrical distribution, operator interface and pneumatic distribution programs
- Design and develop new machine controls including robotic, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and vision systems
- Reviews, interprets, and decides compliance of mechanical, electrical, and controls systems for new equipment during the procurement process to ensure design intent
- Schedule and complete back-ups of all electronic machine control and robotic programs on set schedule
- Train electricians and other employees at various work stations on controls related systems
- Provide troubleshooting support for the electrical team when requested
- Ensure production quality systems are logically functioning
- Recommends and implements system modifications under the direction of maintenance and engineering
- Operate within the confines of industry-accepted standards such as ISO14001 and TS14969
Formal Education, Work Experience and Specialized Knowledge:
- College Technologist / Technician Diploma or Electrical engineer with extensive Controls background
- Minimum 2-4 years Controls related experience in an automotive environment
- Troubleshooting methods, PLC programming (Siemens), C based programming languages, Robotics: ABB, Motion Control (Siemens), Vision Systems (Cognex, DVT, Siemens, VMT), Computer Systems (Win2K, WinXP), Communication Networks (Enet, MPI/DP, Serial, ASi, DeviceNet), Software archiving systems (Version Works), Developing work procedures, Safety devices including circuits and controls
Benefits at Brose in North America:Brose offers a high-tech work environment and a wide range of benefits. Along with competitive performance-based compensation and health insurance, our employees also benefit from attractive social and family-oriented programs throughout our North American locations*. Our benefits packages include comprehensive medical, insurance and retirement plans. Brose also provides educational assistance and a variety of community outreach, family, and sporting events. Flexible working hours and a collaborative work environment give our employees the freedom to balance work and personal life. Brose believes in investing in people. We offer a wide range of development programs with great opportunity for individual growth through training, international or regional assignments and tailored career paths. Our objective is to provide our employees the tools necessary to live a balanced life, experience a rewarding work environment and contribute to our surrounding communities.
- Benefits package may vary slightly per location.Please send us your application using our online form.
Keywords: Brose, Tuscaloosa , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!