Senior Process Chemical Engineer
Company: Sirius Technical Services
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Order Type : Direct Hire Sirius Technical Services is seeking a
Senior Process Engineer for a direct/permanent role in the
Tuscaloosa, AL area. Refinery and/or Petrochemical experience is
required.SUMMARYThe primary duty of the Senior Process Engineer is
to provide technical support for an area in the refinery and
training for the Process Engineers, Economists, Mechanical
Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Operations Specialists and
operating personnel.Secondarily, the Senior Process Engineer is
responsible for multitasking which includes conception, development
and process design of larger, longer range projects that are too
large in scope for the Process Engineers. These larger projects can
include projects to reduce operating costs, produce new product
lines, meet new environmental regulations, improve refinery
profitability, etc. Other areas of responsibility may include PSM
duties and other organizational support functions.Thirdly, the
Senior Process Engineer serves in a senior advisory technical
support role for Engineering Management and other departments in
the refinery. In this role the Senior Engineer provides technical
leadership to the organization with engineering and operational
continuity.Specific Duties and ResponsibilitiesSenior Technical
Support for Personnel:
- Monitor assigned area(s) and overall refinery operations and
advise management and engineering of any issues that may be
- Advise technical staff and assist them in planning,
troubleshooting, unit support, etc.
- Assist in training of technical, management, and hourly
- Provide technical review of all designs, MOC?s, and change
- Troubleshoot refinery problems by visualizing issues in the
field when necessary, using engineering principles and tools, and
collaborating with Operations personnel to get the full picture.
This engineer should be a ?go-to? person for Operations and
Engineering personnel based on their experience and engineering
- Identify minor and major refinery changes that are needed to
improve the safety, reliability, profitability, environmental
compliance, etc. of process units or systems.
- Provide long range development of processes, new product lines,
etc. to improve or maintain refinery profitability.
- Scope out, develop, and provide process design of refinery
- Obtain support and/or funding for major projects.
- Assist in commissioning and troubleshooting of major unit or
- Assist in improvement of unit and system procedures.
- Serve as coordinator and/or manage long range on-going
functions such as PSM programs, etc.Advisory and Support
- Provide senior technical advisory support to management and
other departments in the refining business unit.
- Advise management on both technical and non-technical personnel
performance and potential.
- Provide additional more in depth technical support for refinery
departments where overall across-plant knowledge of refinery is
required.Minimum Qualifications and RequirementsEducation,
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering from an
- 7+ years of refinery/petrochemical experience and demonstrated
knowledge of refinery processes.
- Proven experience in refinery planning or process equipment
- Demonstrates leadership in improving income generation as well
as reducing costs for the refinery.
- Self-motivated starter, able to work with very minimal
- Effective at working with other management, other engineers,
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability
to lead classes that range in size from 2 to 20.
- Possess some skill at refinery process software such as
simulation software, design software, etc.Certificates, Licenses,
RegistrationsValid Driver LicenseInterested candidate should send
resumes to [Click Here to Email Your Resum?].
Keywords: Sirius Technical Services, Tuscaloosa , Senior Process Chemical Engineer, Engineering , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!