Director of Food Service
Company: Evolver, Inc
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Explore a Career with Aberdeen School District The job of
Director of Food Services is done for the purpose/s of providing
leadership in the area of school food services; providing
management to the food services department; and ensuring goals and
objectives of the District and federal regulations are followed.
EMPLOYMENT TERM: 200 DAY CONTRACT (July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022)
- Compiles data and materials (e.g. bill & purchase orders,
payroll, federal subsidies, state reimbursement reports, etc.) for
the purpose of analyzing issues, providing resources, ensuring
compliance with various policies and procedures, and/or monitoring
- Coordinates a wide variety of services/programs (e.g.
free/reduced breakfast/lunch program, special meal requirements,
menus, pricing/purchasing/delivery of food, food preparation, etc.)
for the purpose of problem solving, ensuring compliance with
various policies and procedures, and/or monitoring program
- Determines standards of cleanliness and sanitation for food,
equipment, and employees for the purpose of ensuring standards are
met and in compliance with district, state and federal
- Develops long and short range plans (e.g. annual funding source
budget, policies, procedures, staffing, forms/materials, equipment,
etc.) for the purpose of ensuring organizational objectives are
achieved in the most efficient and timely manner.
- Inspects school lunch facilities and operations for the purpose
of ensuring that federal meal pattern requirements; standards of
diet, cleanliness, health and safety are being maintained.
- Maintains a variety of files and records for the purpose of
providing an up-to-date reference and audit trail for
- Makes application for government surplus food for school
cafeteria use for the purpose of directing its use and
- Manages department budget for food services (e.g. all food &
equipment, federal subsidies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring
conformance with established accounting procedures.
- Monitors all program/services for the purpose of ensuring
stated outcomes are achieved, relevant policies and procedures are
met, and services are efficiently provided within budgetary
- Participates in various committees, workshops, and meetings for
the purpose of conveying and gathering information regarding a wide
variety of subjects required to carry out their administrative
- Performs personnel functions (e.g. hiring, training,
supervising, evaluating, providing professional development
opportunities, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining necessary
staffing, enhancing productivity of staff, and ensuring necessary
district objectives are achieved.
- Prepares a wide variety of materials (e.g. menus, budgets,
purchase orders, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities
and issues, meeting compliance requirements, and/or providing
supporting materials for requested actions.
- Provides leadership in establishing new and existing programs
for the purpose of maintaining or expanding the services
- Researches a wide variety of topics for the purpose of ensuring
compliance with relevant requirements, securing general information
for planning, taking appropriate actions, and/or responding to
- Responds to issues involving policies and regulations and
community concerns for the purpose of identifying the relevant
issues and recommending or implementing a plan of action that will
efficiently resolve the issue.
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of
supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
Experience: Job related experience within a specialized field with
increasing levels of responsibility is required. Education:
Bachelor's degree with academic major or concentration in food and
nutrition, food service management, dietetics, family and consumer
sciences, nutrition education, culinary arts, business, or a
related field. Continuing Educ./Training: Required training in
implementing Federal Regulations as mandated by reauthorization of
funding from USDA for National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and
School Breakfast Program (SBP).
Clearances: Employment is contingent upon a Criminal Justice
Fingerprint/Background Clearance, paid for by the applicant. For a
complete job description and to apply on our website, please go
Keywords: Evolver, Inc, Tuscaloosa , Director of Food Service, Executive , Aberdeen, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!