Director of Laboratory Operations
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Address 9201 E. Mountain View, Suite 220 Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Posted Date 3 days ago (2/12/2021 2:29 PM) Job ID 2021-13960 # of
Openings 1 Category Clinical Testing Type Full Time Regular
Overview Director of Laboratory Operations About Us: Matrix has
long been a leading provider of high-touch, specialized care,
helping at risk entities and members improve their health and
quality of care by providing comprehensive health assessments
(CHAs). As we grow, we are expanding our team to support. Matrix
has announced that we have acquired Biocern a , a CLIA-certified
and CAP-accredited laboratory dedicated to delivering clinical
diagnostics tests and results to improve patients' safety and
quality of care. Why Work at Matrix?
- The opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing
companies in healthcare whose vision is to provide unparalleled
quality and value to providers and members.
- Our opportunities allow you to leverage your expertise and
compassion, making a direct impact to the health and well-being of
- Work-Life-Balance :-- You will never feel truly satisfied by--
work --until you are satisfied by-- life .
- Competitive Compensation : Be rewarded for your effort and
passion while making a difference in the community. About the
Position: Type: Full Time Regular Location: --Biocerna primary
location at 8161 Maple Lawn Blvd #375, Fulton, Maryland 20759
Hours: --Days, Nights, and occasional Weekends.-- Matrix Biocerna
Laboratory - What to Expect :
- Make a difference in people's lives by overseeing and being
responsible for the scope, standards, and the quality of service
for the laboratory which conducts lab tests such as the biometric
screenings (A1c, micro albumin, and FIT to name a few).
- Work collaboratively with laboratory staff, physicians, and any
appropriate ancillary medical personnel as appropriate. Biocerna---
works also with medical products manufacturers to overcome some of
the challenges of drug development by developing novel assays .
- Serve as Operations Director of our CAP-accredited and CLIA
- Consult, plan, direct, and coordinate the operational
activities of the clinical laboratory to support the workflow with
rapid turnaround times.
- Establish and maintain a quality control and quality assessment
program to ensure services provided are efficient and identify any
failures in quality.
- Oversee safety within the laboratory and ensure all safety
protocols are followed to provide a safe environment in which
employees are protected from physical, chemical and biological
- Maintain regulatory compliance within the lab, including COLA,
CLIA, OSHA, etc.
- Oversee the development of policies, procedures, programs,
protocols and systems and keep standard operating procedures up to
- Recruit, develop, and lead a high performing team. Provide
direction, mentoring, and professional guidance to laboratory
- Effectively communicate expectations; accept accountability and
hold others accountable for performance
- Assist in evaluating the competency of all testing personnel on
an ongoing basis.
- Must be accessible to the laboratory to provide onsite,
telephone or electronic consultation as needed.
- Deliver regular updates to senior leadership to summarize
laboratory performance, turnaround times, downtime, productivity,
and other performance metrics.
- Coordinate staff schedules, training and onboarding.
- Identify and resolve operational issues related to staffing,
utilization of facilities, equipment, and supplies.
- Coordinate with corporate support teams to resolve IT and other
- Achieve financial targets including budget, labor and supply
- Assist in achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual projections
based on clinical, financial and management objectives.
- Provide leadership in the conception, planning, development and
implementation of strategic plans.
- Promote individual and organizational integrity by exhibiting
ethical behavior to maintain high standards for the organization
and its affiliates. Responsibilities Must Haves:
- Bachelor's degree business, healthcare, or equivalent is
- Five + years progressive operations experience in a laboratory
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a
fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to
build relationships with peers and leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to bring exceptional business acumen and
creativity to the management of the lab.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a strong member of highly
motivated and integrated leadership and operations teams.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, and lead a high
performing team and build and maintain a positive and energetic
culture within an organization.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills; strong
- High empathy and good listening skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to manage for
- Be comfortable and flexible with frequent change. Our Culture :
- We have a clear vision of where we are going, and we are guided
by core values that embody our organization and our culture.
- We emphasizes innovation and growth, and you will be given the
opportunities and tools to develop personally and
- We encourage and celebrate collaboration.
- We have a deep commitment to positively impact the communities
in which we work and to make a difference in the lives of who we
serve. Matrix Medical Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age,
national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Fulton, MD 20759 Primary Location: Fulton, MD 20759. Job:
Clinical-Laboratory Services. Regular Shift. Full Job Level: Day
Job, 8am, 5pm, Travel, Monday, Friday. Job, Clinical, Laboratory,
Diagnostic, Office Opportunity,Regular, Job Type, Standard, Travel,
Pay, Hours. Sorry the Share function is not working properly at
this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Tuscaloosa , Director of Laboratory Operations, Executive , Fulton, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!