Director of Business Development
Company: Valdez International Corporation
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Position: Director of Business Development Blaine Construction
Corporation is proud to be an industry leader in construction
services. To be a top of the class organization, Blaine is
dedicated to hiring individuals who understand the importance of
safety; instill integrity in all aspects of their lives; are
passionate about what they do; and are committed to providing value
to our clients. Skills and Experience: Reporting to the President
of Blaine, this position includes the development and deployment of
a measurable strategy, marketing and sales plan for the East
Tennessee regional market focused on selling construction services.
This business development position is a component of the overall
project procurement team, leveraging corporate resources to
progress the overall Blaine Construction Corporation work
acquisition efforts. Requirements:
- Bachelor's business degree required with marketing or
management emphasis desired, or equivalent combination of
professional training and experience.
- Minimum of ten years' experience in the construction industry
or in planning and implementing business development strategies,
proposals and presentations.
- Proven track record of selling construction or a related
- Ideal candidate will have some construction field experience or
business development experience.
- Must possess excellent communication skills (verbal, written
and graphic communication) and the ability to collaborate with
marketing in the production of highly professional proposals and
- Computer skills: demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft
Excel, Word and PowerPoint with the ability to put together
proposals and presentation material without the assistance of
- Represent the Company at professional organizations. Be an
active member of the community and a member of appropriate
- Have a Positive "Can Do" Attitude. Lead internally by
- Take pride and ownership in Company projects.
- Contribute to continuous Company improvement. Look for
opportunities to improve the business.
- Strong networking, communication and listening skills.
- Ability to mine for information - ask questions and be ready to
- Marketing of Company's abilities and unique qualities to
- Follow-up with potential and past clients to ensure
- Provide strategies, tactics and plans for new business
development. Track efforts and return on investment against spend
and time spent. Cultivation of new business opportunities within
geographic, financial and product type parameters.
- Organize efforts with the CRM. Research and prioritize
potential customers and new business opportunities. Present
progress to management team. Conduct ongoing market research to
determine the health of the market and help dictate the Company's
focus and strategy for business development. This is a
comprehensive and vital task.
- Become an active member in select trade associations, industry
recruiting organizations and other professional organizations to
continue to develop a network of potential clients and leads and
promote the brand.
- Create thorough proposals and presentations with the help of an
administrative assistant and estimating staff. Work to make more
creative and engaging proposals through leveraging lessons learned
from the entire business development and marketing process.
Supervise the development of proposals and presentations.
- Meet clients' needs prior to contract execution. Provide
advice, liaison, planning, etc. to prospective and current clients.
Assist management and estimating with sales process and final
- Collaborate with other Business Development personnel
throughout the Company to assure that the overall Company message
and identity is consistent across the enterprise.
- Stay current on industry standards, contracts, and terms.
- Ability to work closely with team member, management,
estimators and staff. Key Markets:
- Corporate Offices
- Large Pre-engineered Metal Buildings The above description
covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the position.
The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete
listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which
may be required from day-to-day.All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national
origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected
status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EOE/Vets/Disabilities/M/F Accessibility: If you need an
accommodation as part of the employment process please contact
Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your
language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please
choose your language: English - Spanish - Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please
click the link: English
Keywords: Valdez International Corporation, Tuscaloosa , Director of Business Development, Executive , Knoxville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!