Manager Accounting Operations - Remote
Company: Boston Medical Center
Posted on: June 22, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Director
FP&A, this position will be responsible for the day-to-day
staff as well as developing and overseeing operations in the CHS
Accounting Department. Responsible for accurate and timely issuance
of monthly internal financial statements and for coordinating and
facilitating the completion of audits. Manages month-end close,
account reconciliations and financial statement preparation.
Follows established policies and procedures to maintain integrity
of general ledger and financial reporting. Key member of the CHS
Management team with matrix responsibilities to BMC accounting
leadership. Position: Manager Accounting Operations Department: CHS
Corporate Schedule: Full Time, Remote ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES /
- Responsible for the coordination and control of activities
related to General Accounting and Research Accounting, including
all issues related to reconciliations, compliance, audits, accuracy
- In conjunction with other members of Accounting/Finance, manage
the month-end closing processes to ensure the accurate and timely
preparation and issuance of the monthly financial statements. This
includes submission review and approval of journal entries, keeping
track of subsystem close timelines, resolving and/or communicating
any issues with closing of subsystems and overseeing various
financial data interfaces into the GL system
- Assist in preparing GAAP financial statements, which includes
data analysis, document preparation, integrity validation, and
reconciliation processes including receivables and payables, bank
- Coordinate and facilitate the completion of internal and
external audits. Act as a liaison to related departments in order
to facilitate the flow of information and oversee the production of
the year-end analysis, reconciliations, financial statements and
- Manage capital spending accounting for WIP/ JIP (works in
progress/ jobs in progress). Determine and manage the closing final
fixed asset account(s) with appropriate useful lives.
- Coordinate workflow within the department to ensure timely and
accurate completion of all internal reports, financial statements,
external filings and any ad hoc reports
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements for Health
- Responsible for various tax returns filing (IRS Form 990,
990-T, 1120-F, 4720 as well as various state tax returns) for
Cornerstone Health Services LLC (CHS LLC).
- Develop a process to reconcile AR and cash accounts on the
- Develop and maintain a system of internal controls over
accounting and other integral parts of the organization
- Collaborate with the Financial Information System (FIS) and
Treasury departments to establish accounting structures, procedures
and financial reporting for new entities that are part of the
consolidated financial statements.
- Work closely with FIS on any changes or upgrades to General
Ledger, as well as necessary system maintenance.
- Collaborate with the BMC Health Plan and Boston University
Medical Group (BUMG) finance team and other departments to
streamline intercompany processes and ensure proper accounting of
- Ensure timely reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
Review reconciliations prepared by staff and ensure timely
resolution of outstanding items and variances.
- Prepare monthly variance analyses and follow up with
appropriate stakeholders for further explanation of variances, if
- Standardize and ensure proper documentation of general
accounting policies, procedures and controls.
- Ensure proper accounting treatment in compliance with current
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Keep Current on all new Accounting Pronouncements. Responsible
for researching accounting guidelines and interpreting rules for
accounting questions that arise.
- Communicate with Leadership regarding areas of exposure within
the Accounting office, as well as other Fiscal Services areas.
- Enhance professional knowledge by attending seminars related to
healthcare and accounting.
- Develop and implement internal controls to ensure the
reliability of financial reporting.
- Oversee special projects as assigned.
- Mentor and provide ongoing guidance and training of staff.
- Utilize CHS LLS Values as the basis for decision-making. JOB
- BA/BS in Accounting or related-degree required.
- A Master's degree or a CPA is preferred.
- Healthcare experience and knowledge of Infor preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED :
- As stated above. EXPERIENCE:
- 5 - 10 or more years of experience in a for-profit accounting
environment, with 1 - 2 years in a supervisory role. Healthcare
experience preferred KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Leadership ability to guide, direct and mentor staff and work
effectively as a team member.
- Skills in determining needs, gathering, analyzing and
presenting data to provide accurate and timely information for
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be customer service oriented with a focus on meeting the
customer's needs. Customers include internal staff and external
donors, leaders and business customers.
- Achievement oriented - A desire to set challenging objectives
for self and others; to find better or more efficient ways to
accomplish both routine and special tasks.
- Must be a dedicated team player, with a strong focus on
mentoring and coaching and a desire for personal and professional
- Work requires superior Excel knowledge as well as extensive
experience using Infor, and ERP systems.
- Work requires ability to function in a fast-paced
- Work requires ability to handle multiple priorities with
superior organizational skills.
- Must be willing to work additional hours as necessary.
- Requires strong analytical skills and a solid working knowledge
of US GAAP. Communication skills will also be critical in
conjunction with the analytical skills, as ad-hoc analysis must be
developed and refined based on specific management needs.
- Work requires a dedicated team player with the willingness and
desire to learn and grow within the organization.
- Proven ability to successfully build relationships and focus on
- Must have superior communication skills and the ability to
coach and develop a diverse team.
- Proven time-management abilities, multitasking with effective
priority definition, and demonstrated flexibility with a focus on
- Demonstrated ability to own processes, to identify issues and
opportunities for improvement, and implement such
Keywords: Boston Medical Center, Tuscaloosa , Manager Accounting Operations - Remote, Executive , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!