Lease Portfolio Manager
Company: Lamar Advertising Company
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Do you have a knack for communication and negotiation? Do you
have experience in real estate or land acquisition? If so, Lamar
Advertising of Tuscaloosa, Alabama has an amazing opportunity for
The purpose of the Real Estate Manager in Tuscaloosa, AL is to
oversee all real estate-related functions and activities necessary
to profitably secure, maintain and grow the company's real estate
portfolio of leased and owned properties in a manner consistent
with Lamar's business practices.
This position may supervise 1 - 2 administrative employees,
depending on location needs. -
Want to hear more about working for Lamar? Check us out.
What you can expect from us:
- A Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM work schedule -
- First-year earning potential of $50,000 - $60,000 / year
*including bonus opportunities*
- 120 hours of paid time off (PTO) that increases with
- 12 paid company holidays including Presidents Day and
- A comprehensive 6-week training program -
- Career advancement opportunities
- Ongoing professional development and internal leadership
programs to maximize your career potential
- Multiple medical plan options
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401K plan with company contributions for participation
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness program incentives such as medical plan premium
holidays and HSA contributions
What we are looking for in YOU:
- Ability to know and understand the city and state
codes/regulations (as applicable), related maps for all
jurisdictions within the designated market area, and an
understanding of the permitting and variance process for each
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, possessing
the ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands while
establishing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Must have strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, etc.), web applications, and the ability
to quickly and easily learn job-related computer programs.
- Work requires an excellent command of the English language to
correspond and communicate on a one-to-one basis using appropriate
vocabulary and grammar to obtain information, explain policies and
procedures, and negotiate with lessors.
- Skill in speaking with persons of various social, cultural,
economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Must possess attention to detail in composing, typing, and
- Must have knowledge of basic Accounting skills and practices to
ensure accurate payment distributions.
- Ability to operate within a set yearly budget.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to handle confidential information and situations.
Education & experience -
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in business, real
estate, or another related field.
- In lieu of a bachelor's degree, 7 years of experience in
business, real estate, or another related field is preferred.
- 5 years of experience in business, real estate, or another
related field is preferred -with a degree.
- 3-5 years of experience in land acquisition, zoning, and land
use planning is preferred
- -A current and valid driver's license is required.
- A real estate license is preferred
- Or other equivalent combination of education and
A day in the life
- Responsible for monitoring, tracking, and analyzing critical
operational data and dates associated with numerous land lease
agreements, owned properties, and other real estate
- Responsible for creating and maintaining an up-to-date market
abstract by identifying areas for growth or relocation of existing
assets through documentation and analysis of current zoning laws
that meet the criteria for permitting as required by the
- Responsible for monitoring competitor activity and permitting
- Collaborate with local managers to conduct strategic data
analysis using monthly, quarterly, and annual data reports and
portfolio summaries to evaluate and ensure optimization and
profitability of the real estate portfolio. This includes
preparation and tracking of the annual real estate budget, along
with continuously identifying and developing strategies to address
- Responsible for strategic planning, development, and execution
of the lease and/or purchase strategies through operational,
financial, and organizational analyses.
- Develop and maintain productive professional relationships with
landowners to facilitate desired agreements and serve in a lead
capacity as the point of contact for negotiation and conflict
- Responsible for preparing, presenting, and negotiating
agreements with landowners, their agents, or representatives for
the purpose of securing new or existing real estate
- Responsible for coordinating and overseeing the due diligence
and purchase process for approved easement and land
- Responsible for entering, maintaining, and routinely auditing
data, reports, and electronic files to ensure accurately
- Accounting, recordkeeping, and file management within various
internal software applications.
- Establish, develop, and maintain productive and professional
relationships with existing and potential landowners, and serve as
the main point of contact for all real estate-related
- Responsible for ensuring receipt, verification, and the timely
processing of real estate tax invoices for company-owned real and
- Responsible for monitoring, tracking, calculating, and issuing
monthly and/or annual percentage/overage payments and applicable
Consumer Price Index (CPI) adjustments.
- Establish, develop and maintain a professional relationship
with all key governmental officials and personnel vital to
planning, zoning, permitting, and inspections.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate record of state and
local zoning ordinances and monitoring any proposed zoning
applications or changes.
- Responsible for preparing, submitting, securing, renewing, and
maintaining all applicable governmental approvals including, but
not limited to, variances, construction, vegetation, and
conditional use permits associated with new or existing sign
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison between internal
company departments and landowners to ensure continued access to
the company's signs and resolve any appearance or vegetation
Physical demands & work environment
- The primary work environment for this position is an office
however driving in the field is also required.
- The physical demands for this position include light lifting,
seeing (with a focus on reading, acuity, depth perception, and
peripheral vision), sitting more than 50% of the time, standing,
stooping, talking, turning, and walking.
- Nights spent traveling, away from home, are less than 10%.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar,
you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a
disability. Please take a moment to watch this video for
clarification on why we're asking for this information!
California Resident Disclaimer: California Residents - Lamar
collects personal information in the ordinary course of considering
job applicants. This information may include, for example, name,
address, phone number and other contact information, employment
history and reference contact information, and any other
information provided by an applicant to Lamar. - By submitting an
application, you consent to the use or sharing of this personal
information solely for the purpose of consideration for employment
by Lamar. - Lamar will not sell this information.
#Reg51IDEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Lamar Advertising Company, Tuscaloosa , Lease Portfolio Manager, Executive , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...