Store Manager - Chico's - Midtown Village
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Join our chic team, dedicated to a styling and social experience
that inspires women to express their individuality. POSITION
OBJECTIVE: The Store Manager is primarily responsible for promoting
a customer and product-focused sales culture where our values and
guiding principles are at the forefront of all store operations,
including managing sales operations, asset protection, and human
resources functions to ensure great customer experience and maximum
profitability. We love what we do, and believe that with our teams,
we are the most amazing place to work, learn, and grow! FUNCTIONAL
RESPONSIBILITIES: Performance Culture
- Analyzes sales reports and KPIs to determine the needs of the
business; executes in store business and sales strategies.
- Establishes and communicates clear expectations, holding store
team and themselves accountable for achieving all brand,
performance, and behavior standards.
- Controls payroll and supply budget.
- Performs and oversees basic operational activities such as
scheduling, target shrink audits, physical inventory, opening and
closing duties, time sheet review and payroll accuracy documents,
and merchandise flow processes.
- Oversees all financial activities in accordance with policy,
including cash handling and reporting, price changes, and
merchandise handling; trains and coaches associates to ensure all
register transactions are completed accurately and in accordance
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, loss prevention
policies, operating procedures and controls; conducts associate
training to reinforce proper controls.
- Administers all operational process including inventory
receipt/dispatch, daily replenishment of floor merchandise levels,
and execution and preparation of physical inventories.
- Ensures visual presentation, organization, and facility
maintenance are representative of the Brand.
- Develops a high-performance culture, motivating sales team to
meet assigned sales and productivity goals.
- Trains and develops store management team on business acumen to
drive overall performance.
- Trains and coaches to ensure selling team is fluent in all
aspects of product knowledge on line and in store.
- Trains, coaches and assists with locate fulfillment and
selling. Building High Performing Teams
- Motivates and inspires store team, developing a shared vision
while modeling core values.
- Promotes an inclusive, collaborative approach to problem
- Communicates with and coaches store teams and acts as liaison
to field leadership and cross functional business partnerships to
effectively lead positive change.
- Seeks personal developmental opportunities and readily solicits
feedback to build leadership skill set.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team.
Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance,
delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Models, teaches, and promotes the Most Amazing Personal Service
(MAPS) principles and standards, offering a cohesive omni channel
- Ensures prompt resolution of customer concerns.
- Ensures a fast and efficient register experience, remaining
current on policies regarding payments, coupon acceptance, returns
and exchanges, security practices and other applicable
- Ensures team maintains consistent client communication through
utilization of customer book, rewards program participation, and
customer capture sign up. Talent
- Attracts, recruits, hires and retains a high performing
- Focuses on developing talent by conducting ongoing talent
- Recommends changes of status of associates, including
promotions, demotions, and terminations.
- Interprets Key Performance Indicator reports and delivers
coaching as needed.
- Supports, implements, and provides follow-up for all training
programs, seminars, etc.
- Assesses and coaches Store Team on performance and provides
- In partnership with the DSM, resolves all human resources
issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Drives associate and team engagement by recognizing and
rewarding employees for outstanding performance.
- Ensures that Store Management team adheres to all employment
practices and policies. Other duties as assigned. This position may
be found in multiple brands. Some duties may vary from brand to
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of retail management experience required
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Excellent communication, verbal, and written skills
- Proven excellent customer service skills with statistical track
record in all areas of sales and leadership
- Able to learn or adapt to technology provided by the
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a
- Established history in recruiting and retaining a quality sales
and support staff
- General knowledge of apparel products (i.e., fit and
- Excellent leadership qualities, training and team building
- Knowledge of administrative aspects of store operations
- Able to communicate with customers and staff
- Solid evidence of community outreach and involvement.
Understands the value in supporting the community
- Regular attendance is essential to this position in order to
ensure adequate coverage to meet company objectives. Ability to
work a flexible work schedule, including nights, weekends, and
holidays is required PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Constant Walking/Standing- 67-100% of 8-hour shift
- Occasional Lifting up to 50 lbs.- 1-33% of 8-hour shift
- Frequent Climbing- 34%-66% of 8-hour shift Due to our growth,
we are always accepting applications for top talent to join our
store teams. When we do have an open position, we will review your
application to determine if your qualifications are a match with
our position requirements. You may apply to any location or
position at any time; however, the position to which you apply may
not currently be open. Accommodation is available to applicants for
employment with disabilities. To request accommodation during the
application process, please contact your local Store Manager for
assistance. 0706 Midtown Village
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status,
age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical
conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, military service,
veteran status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local law.
Keywords: Chico's, Tuscaloosa , Store Manager - Chico's - Midtown Village, Executive , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...