Operations Manager (Experienced Professional)
Company: Michelin North America, Inc
Posted on: July 9, 2019
Operations Manager (Experienced Professional)
Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
The OPERATIONS MANAGER (PRODUCTION SHOP MANAGER) is responsible for
leading and ensuring all aspects of performance (Safety, Quality of
Product and Service, Efficiency and Cost) of a production workshop.
They fulfil their responsibility by engaging and leading their team
members to achieve their mission and goals. The production workshop
is positioned in the flow of a manufacturing facility that operates
24 hours 7 days per week to serve a specific category of
After a training period of 6 to 18 months, the candidate would
assume the following responsibilities:
* Lead by example, creating the leadership environment that engages
all team members to achieve the workshop and plant mission.
* Working collaboratively, as a member of the plant leadership
team, define the progress strategy, and the medium and short term
goals of the workshop.
* Deliver the workshop s products to meet the short and medium term
engagements to the plant s customers.
* Lead the daily attainment of the short term performance goals of
* Lead the attainment of the workshop s medium-term performance
* Ensure that the skills and capacity of each team member is
aligned with their position, and that each team member is supported
to drive their career and personal development.
* Demonstrate a leadership style that perpetuates the Michelin Core
* BS/BA degree or equivalent background/experience
* 8-10 years of increasing management or supervisory responsibility
in a heavy manufacturing environment (automotive, chemical, pulp
and paper, textile, etc.) or in a military environment with
progressive levels of accountability and responsibility in
manufacturing and/or related environment.
* Ability to adapt communication style and deal tactfully and
professionally with all site employees. This includes the ability
to handle sensitive information and materials in a confidential
* Demonstrated ability to understand and express Company culture,
values and practices, as well as business strategy and
* Ability to rapidly adapt, re-prioritize and make decisions based
on changing needs or situations is critical.
MOVING FORWARD TOGETHER: APPLY TODAY!
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin
designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle,
including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm
equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles.
Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and
solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more
environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences,
Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps
and road atlases.
Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs
more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants
in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who
work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a
purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent
of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with
our company each year.
Michelin s status as a great place to work has been validated by
the leading authorities on workplace culture:
* Forbes annual survey of America s Best Large Employers, No. 1
* Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work
* " 2018 Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation" by
Women in Trucking Association
* Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive
* AARP, one of the Best Employers for Workers Over 50
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring
that you will come for a job but stay for a career. More than 75
percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer
multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow
and realize their purpose across the span of their individual
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way
Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total
Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life
insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
* Paternity leave
* Maternity leave
* Tuition reimbursement
* Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several
* Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide
* 529 college savings plan
* A 401(k) match
* Free tires based upon years of service
* An Employee Assistance Program
* A relocation assistance program
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities,
women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any
part of the employment process because of a disability, please
contact us at email@example.com
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship
Keywords: Michelin North America, Inc, Tuscaloosa , Operations Manager (Experienced Professional), Executive , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!