Company: LBA Hospitality
Posted on: October 7, 2019
Assists the direct sales effort of a hotel by collaborating with
the Director of Sales to proactively target those segments/accounts
that the Director of Sales is not pursuing. In addition, responds
to sales inquiries and walk-ins by qualifying and booking business
appropriate for the hotel. Develops and executes quarterly sales
actions plans, maintain positive interdepartmental relations and
completes special projects as assigned by the General Manager
and/or Director of Sales. Success is determined through achievement
of the hotel's revenue goals and improvement, where possible, in
market share performance as compared to that of the hotel's defined
- College Degree (BS/BA) preferred or equivalent work
- Previous direct selling experience.
- Experience selling in a Marriott or Hilton Focus Service Hotel
is a plus.
- Professionalism must be displayed at all times.
- Company associates have access to guestrooms and property. As
such, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential
to this position and must be displayed at all times. Per company
policy, potential associates must pass appropriate security
clearances. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word,
Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, experience working with
customer relationship management software (SalesPro, ACT,
Salesforce) is preferred.
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 pounds, push and pull 50
pounds, sit or stand for long periods of time and must be able to
drive. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITES
- Sees a vision and is not deterred from achieving it.
- Committed to the company and the achievement of its goals.
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal.
- Has the aptitude to effectively influence others.
- Financial analysis skills. Has the aptitude to assess potential
business opportunities and whether or not they contribute to the
success of the business.
- The ability to inspire confidence in and gain respect from
superiors, peers and subordinates.
- Displays a "can do" attitude.
- Enjoys interacting with customers.
- Project management skills (i.e., organizing,
- Creative skills.
- Willing to perform other assigned duties that the individual is
capable of carrying out.
- Practices safety standards at all times and is alert to
hazardous conditions. Reports any hazardous conditions immediately
to the hotel General Manager or appropriate staff member.
- Is thoroughly familiar with the LBA Hospitality Associate
Handbook. Adheres to all work rules, procedures and policies
established by the company, including, but not limited to, those
contained in the Associate Handbook. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Based on the hotel's selling strategy, books appropriate
business from assigned segments that allows hotel to achieve/exceed
monthly room revenue budget, and, if applicable, other revenue
budgets specific to assigned hotel.
- Approaches the position with a relationship building/proactive
selling mindset. Ensures that weekly telephone
prospecting/qualification/solicitation calls goals are met or
exceeded. Participates in outside sales calls as directed.
- Utilizes available business tools to prospect for new business
(i.e., Brand database reports, Hoover's, local newspapers and
- Remain in active status in a minimum of three outside
organizations including but not limited to : Local Convention and
Visitors Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, Sports Commission, university
- Performs the necessary pre-call planning and post-call
follow-up for client outside sales calls.
- Works with the GM and/or DOS to evaluate potential business
opportunities for assigned hotel.
- Over time becomes thoroughly knowledgeable with regard to their
client base and builds strong business relationships.
- Looks for opportunities to grow revenue for LBA Hospitality by
cross-selling other LBA hotels.
- Maintains awareness of the sales practices of the hotel's
competitive set, and, as warranted, takes proactive steps to
"neutralize" their efforts.
- Becomes an "expert" when it comes to selling against the
hotel's competitive set.
- Adds to the camaraderie of the hotel by helping to celebrate
the successes of coworkers.
- Ensures that he/she adheres to all sales administrative
processes that are in place from the LBA Corporate Office.
- Ensures that all reports, internal requests for information and
special projects are submitted on or before their due dates.
- Strives to continually improve his/her general business and
industry/job specific skills by attending Brand and LBA
Corporate-sponsored sales training, and, if appropriate, outside
continuing education. WORKING CONDITIONS/SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Typical week consists of 80' outside and 20' inside sales
- Occasional overnight travel for training, to assist with a
sales blitz in another LBA city, etc. POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE FUTURE
- Director of Sales (Single or Dual Property)
- Area Director of Sales
- Regional Director of Sales ACKNOWLEDGEMENT Disclaimer The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by people assigned to this classification.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside
of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Keywords: LBA Hospitality, Tuscaloosa , Sales Manager, Executive , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!