Sleep Medicine/Hospitalist Opening
Company: Britt Medical Search
Posted on: May 18, 2020
Sleep Medicine opening in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. This and other
physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
- This dual skill position with a local sleep/pulmonary practice
and the University of Alabama Hospitalist service is a joint effort
to recruit a physician looking to grow an existing sleep program
while working fulltime as a Hospitalist at Regional Medical Center.
- Month will be split between 12-14 shifts as a Hospitalist, one
week participating in sleep medicine, and one week off per
- Your activities will include patient care, teaching, research,
leadership related to hospital medicine, and growth of a sleep
practice with the potential to open a new sleep lab.
- Employed position with competitive salary and potential
- Establish a SLEEP practice with a local pulmonary group.
- Founder of clinic specializes in Sleep disorders such as Sleep
apnea, Insomnia, Restless leg syndrome, Narcolepsy, Shift work
disorders, Jet lag etc. and breathing disorders such as COPD,
Asthma, Lung Cancer. He has vast experience in Pulmonary, Sleep and
Critical Care medicine dealing with complex multiple medical
conditions for over 25 years and has served the West Alabama area
for nearly 18 years
- Week-long block schedulingAll physicians must be
Board-Certified or Board Eligible with definite plans to become
Board Certification. All opportunities include the standard
- Physician will be reimbursed for reasonable and customary
candidate interview trip expenses for up to 2 onsite interviews for
the physician & their spouse (per travel policy)
- Once candidate accepts the practice offer, physician candidate
and their spouse will be reimbursed for one (1) house hunting trip
(per travel policy)
- Reasonable moving expenses will be reimbursed for household
goods for the physician and their immediate family up to $20,000
with documented moving expense
- A 2-year forgivable loan between the Health Care Authority and
the physician will be provided. This is basically a sign-on bonus
that is a different amount for each opportunity. It will be paid
once the physician relocates and starts their practice.Community
- Area is the regional center of industry, commerce, healthcare,
and education for West Alabama.
- All of the assets associated with being a great SEC university
town – music, arts, theatre and NCAA sports.
- It has become one of Alabama's most progressive cities with
75,000 people in town, 40,000 in neighboring town and 160,000 in
- Very diverse college town and home to the University of Alabama
with over 30,000 students and the National Championship Football
- We have an exciting growing local economy and exceptional
- Easy drive to the Gulf Coast, Atlanta, and the Great Smoky
- Excellent golf, outstanding water recreation, and a moderate
- Riverfront is experiencing its renewal with recreation trails,
businesses, restaurants and the addition of the River Market, which
functions as both an event space and seasonal local farmers'
market. A 7,470-seat amphitheater located along the riverfront is a
state-of-the-art facility which hosts many major performances and
community-wide events.Health System Information:Under local
ownership and leadership for more than 90 years, the Health System
has continually evolved to offer advanced care to West Alabama.
Today, the Health System operates three medical centers. Through
these hospitals, the Health System provides services that include
cancer, cardiology, robotic and minimally invasive surgery, and the
region's most advanced trauma center. Other services provided
include bloodless medicine, home health care, sleep medicine,
occupational medicine, spine/pain care, therapy and women's
services. Physicians use many of the latest surgical techniques
that require less recovery time, including microsurgery, laser
surgery, laparoscopic and robotic surgery.
Keywords: Britt Medical Search, Tuscaloosa , Sleep Medicine/Hospitalist Opening, Healthcare , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!