Cardiology Prep & Discharge RN Job in Tuscaloosa, AL
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Critical Care/ICU/PICU/NICU opening in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. This
and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com DirectShifts
is seeking a Cardiology Prep & Discharge Registered Nurse to work
in Tuscaloosa, AL
RN, Registered Nurse, Cardiology
Job Breief: Plans, coordinates and directs quality, compassionate
care by maintaining standards of professional nursing practice and
creating positive therapeutic relationships with
- Assesses condition on each assigned patient on admission and on
an ongoing basis to include but not limited to the patient's
physical condition, psychological status, social status, spiritual
and cultural needs, pain assessment/management, nutritional and
functional status, developmental or age related factors, and
discharge planning needs. Specific ages: > 12 years old, adult
and geriatric as defined by scope of service.
- Manages the care of acutely ill critical medical and/or
surgical/trauma patients to include but not limited to
ventilator/pulmonary management, hemodynamic monitoring, vasoactive
IV therapy, invasive lines, and/or cardiac pacing.
- Plans, provides, and documents patient and/or significant other
education based on physical, behavioral, psychological,
developmental, and age-related factors, after identifying barriers
- Evaluates and regularly reevaluates the nursing needs of the
patient; initiates, develops, implements, and makes necessary
revisions to the patient's plan of care according to problems
- Assigns and delegates nursing care to team members in
accordance with the patient's needs and the capabilities of the
- Collaborates and coordinates with physicians and other
disciplines regarding individualized patient treatment/care plans
by participating in team conferences, care planning/problem
identification and team shift reports.
- Assists in performance improvement (PI) activities by serving
on PI teams as warranted, assisting with PI measures and supporting
and implementing changes necessary for improvement.
- Accurately documents care provided/observations according to
policies and procedures.
- Performs initial and annual competency. Required training BCLS,
- Cross-trains to Cardiology Catheterization Lab Holding Room,
Procedure Area, and Specials Procedure Area as needed.
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and
financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee
- Must adhere to the Behavioral Standards including creating
positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers,
colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software,
learning management software and intranet.
- All other duties as assigned.MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,
EXPERIENCE REQUIREDCurrent Alabama RN licensure. Must be able to
read, write legibly, speak, and comprehend English. 1 year critical
care experience preferred .
"Candidates can ONLY apply by registering We do not receive
applications submitted to any other site.
DirectShifts is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities,
individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Credentialing on DirectShifts keeps you in our system for current
and ongoing consideration."
Keyphrases: critical care jobs, critical care nurse jobs, critical
care medicine jobs, critical care nursing jobs, critical care
nurses jobs, pulmonary critical care jobs, critical care transport
nurse jobs, critical care registered nurse jobs, pediatric critical
care jobs, surgical critical care jobs, critical care paramedic
jobs, intensive care jobs, nicu nursing jobs, picu jobs, picu nurse
jobs, cardiac critical care jobs, cardiac critical care medicine
jobs, neonatal icu nurse jobs
Keywords: DirectShifts, Tuscaloosa , Cardiology Prep & Discharge RN Job in Tuscaloosa, AL, Healthcare , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!