LAB TECHNICIAN - NIGHT SHIFT
Company: Mohawk Industries, Inc.
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the
United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a
subsidiary of Mohawk Industries. Our close-knit team of dedicated
professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for
their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work
environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits
that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every
employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds
outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a
career with Dal-Tile. The Lab Technician audits the finished
product to ensure strict manufacturing quality specifications are
met. This position will be for a C or D shift that works 6p to 6 am
Sunday to Tuesday OR Thursday to Saturday, with a 6 hour shift
requirement on Wednesday. Major Functions and Scope:
- Performs quality control tests of raw materials.
- Inspects finished tile for thickness, size, color, etc.
- Compares finished tile to product samples to ensure ISO quality
standards are met.
- Ensures proper working conditions of kilns, dryers and
pre-heaters to meet ISO quality standards.
- Performs daily quality control tests including, but not limited
to: absorption, warping, moisture, sizing, flashing, shading,
- Documents inspection results.
- Collects and records process reliability data.
- Monitors processes and reports problems to supervisor.
- Follows ISO operating procedures.
- Keeps work area safe, clean and organized.
- Performs other related duties as required. Education and
- High school diploma or equivalent. Experience:
- Prior experience in quality control preferred.
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred. Competencies:
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Good record keeping skills and listening skills.
- Accurate measurement capability.
- Ability to understand and speak basic English.
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work in a safe and conscientious manner. We offer
competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career
opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
Examples include: Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase
Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement. Dal-Tile is a proud supporter
of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for
Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and
veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Mohawk Industries, Inc.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work
Keywords: Mohawk Industries, Inc., Tuscaloosa , LAB TECHNICIAN - NIGHT SHIFT, Healthcare , Fayette, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!