RN - Cath Lab
Company: DCH Health Care Authority
Posted on: May 19, 2023
Coordinates total nursing care specific for patients undergoing
invasive and non-invasive diagnostic and therapeutic cardiac
procedures; participates in patient and family teaching and
provides leadership by working cooperatively with other team
members and disciplines in maintaining standards for professional
nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Provides age-specific nursing care to the adult and geriatric
patients to include but not limited to:
- assessments of physiologic and psychological changes
- pharmacology management
- identification and management of safety needs
- Assesses condition on each assigned patient pre, intra, and
post diagnostic and therapeutic cardiac procedures to include but
not limited to the normal systems review, physiological factors,
and pain assessment/management.
- Plans, directs, supervises and evaluates nursing care provided
to patients according to problems identified.
- Assists in performance improvement (PI) activities by serving
on PI teams as warranted, assisting with PI measures and supporting
and implementing changes necessary for improvement.
- Assist in charging medical supplies, stocking rooms and
completing appropriate paperwork per case.
- Assist in preparation of patients for all procedures including
setting up sterile trays; cross trains to scrub position and assist
physician, when needed.
- Administers medication, IV therapy, and performs treatments to
all assigned patients, according to policy and procedure.
- Plans and provides patient and/or significant other education
as related to invasive and non-invasive diagnostic and/or
therapeutic procedures based on physical, behavioral,
psychological, developmental, and age-related factors, after
identifying barriers to learning.
- Follows safety practices and ensures safe, clean environment
for the patients.
- Is observant of symptoms and reactions of patients and takes
appropriate action as changes occur.
- Documents all patient care assessments, evaluations, activities
and/or observations according to policies and procedures.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden
adverse developments in patients such as cardiac arrest.
- Attends in-service programs, required training/education and
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and
financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating
positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers,
colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software,
learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and
- All other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse with current Alabama Licensure.
- Two (2) years of Critical Care experience preferred. -
- Takes 3-11, 11-7, weekend and holiday call. -
- Must be able to respond within 20 minutes of a call-out.
- Must be able to read, write legibly, speak, and comprehend
English.Working ConditionsWork ContextPhysical:
- Ability to tolerate prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds with frequent lifting
and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Is able to push stretcher/wheelchair with average adult
patient. - Is able to do frequent stooping and on occasion
crouching, crawling or kneeling. -
- Ability to reach reasonable distances in any direction. -
- Ability to run in emergency situations. -
- Must be able to move fingers in a coordinated manner. -
- Must have ability to feel and perceive temperature, texture,
shape and size with fingertips.
- Physical presence onsite is essential. -
- Hearing and vision must be normal or corrected to within normal
- Able to perform the duties with or without reasonable
- Includes exposure to human body fluids, disease, infection, lab
chemicals and hazard material.
- Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment.Medium
- This position requires contact with others including the
patients, physicians, coworkers, team members and visitors.
- There may be times when there is interaction with another
person that may be angry or aggressive and help to solve the
situation may require requesting assistance of a more qualified
- Communication may come in the form of electronic mail, face to
face, telephone or letters/memos.
- This individual may be responsible as a team member to answer
the department telephone and work in groups or teams.
Keywords: DCH Health Care Authority, Tuscaloosa , RN - Cath Lab, Healthcare , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...