Patient Care Assisant / PCA - Outpatient Clinic
Company: DCH Health Care Authority
Posted on: May 21, 2023
The PCA provides compassionate personal care and support
services under the supervision of a registered nurse that assists
the patient in the achievement of physical and emotional comfort
- Provides all personal care services in accordance with the plan
of treatment assigned by the registered nurse to include but not
- measure and record intake and
outputmeasure and record vital signs, 02 Saturation, weight and
heightpositioning patients; lifting and turning
patientsapplying/utilizing special equipmentassisting in use of
bedpan, urinal or commodeambulating the patientapplication of heat
and coldcare of the incontinent patientplacing patients on cardiac
monitorslabel and transport lab specimens
- Accurately documents care provided according to policies and
- Applies safety principles when performing care such as
ambulation of patients, transferring patients, assisting with
-normal range of motion and positioning.
- Participates in economical utilization of supplies and ensures
that equipment and nursing units are maintained in -a clean, safe
- Consistently performs basic care requirements such as rounding,
use of AIDET; prompt response to patient needs; performance of hand
hygiene; use of two patient identifiers, etc.
- Assists in performance improvement (PI) activities by serving
on PI teams as warranted, assisting with PI -measures and
supporting and implementing changes necessary for improvement.DCH
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and
financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating
positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers,
colleagues and with self.
- Performs essential job functions in a manner that ensures the
safety of patients, visitors and employees.
- Identifies and reduces unsafe practices that may result in harm
to patients, visitors and employees.
- Recognizes and takes appropriate action to reduce risks and
hazards to promote safety for patients, visitors and employees.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software,
learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and
- All other duties as assigned.Approved previous experience in
giving patient care or completion of in-service education classes
required. High school education or equivalent required. -
Candidates with patient care experience, those currently enrolled
in a nursing program or those with prior customer service
experience are preferred. BLS required or must be obtained within
90 days of hire date. Must be able to read, write legibly, speak,
and comprehend English. - -WORKING CONDITIONS: -WORK CONTEXT
- Includes receiving delegation, working
with a team, addressing conflict, communicating with all types of
personalities, and being responsible for outcomes/results.Includes
exposure to human body fluids, disease, infection, lab chemicals
and hazard materials and/or cleaning solutions. Requires wearing
common protective or safety equipment.Must be able to work regular
assigned schedule.PHYSICAL FACTORSAbility, activities:
- Ability to tolerate prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds with frequent lifting
and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Is able to push stretcher/wheelchair, turn and position adult
patients weighing up to 300 pounds. -
- Is able to do frequent stooping and on occasion crouching,
crawling or kneeling.
- Ability to reach reasonable distances in any direction. -
- Ability to run in emergency situations.
- Must be able to move fingers in a coordinated manner.
- Must have ability to feel and perceive temperature, texture,
shape and size with fingertips.Requirements:
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds
of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.Must be
able to perform the duties with or without reasonable
accommodation.Hearing and vision must be normal or corrected to
within normal range. Physical presence onsite is essential. OTHER
JOB FACTORSIn addition to the job duties listed on the job
description, the employee will be expected to:
- Accurately complete swing bed ADL documentation.
Keywords: DCH Health Care Authority, Tuscaloosa , Patient Care Assisant / PCA - Outpatient Clinic, Healthcare , Fayette, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...