RN - Motility Digestive Health Procedures
Posted on: September 14, 2023
*** Flexible schedule: -Ability to work 8hr, 9hr, or 10hr days -
The Motility Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who
assumes responsibility for patients undergoing testing for
esophageal motility, pH studies and anal rectal manometry studies.
The RN will independently provide direct patient care that includes
prep, testing and patient education. Works collaboratively with
referring departments, motility physician and DHI providers reading
and interpreting studies.
- Performs all responsibilities and duties required by unit as
specific to the scope of service. Implements procedures and
theories related to the specific area of practice. Maintains
up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to
assure the integration of information for use by the healthcare
- Completes initial assessment upon patient admission and
develops appropriate plan of care in accordance with unit standards
and that is based on patient and family needs. Implements plan of
care, nursing interventions, and patient care procedures. Modifies
plan of care based upon continuous evaluation.
- Takes responsibility for patient and employee safety by
reporting and/or correcting safety hazards and incidents.
- Communicates with others directly and in private when necessary
to resolve issues. Offers constructive feedback to assist in the
professional development of peers, and confers with colleagues to
expand knowledge base. Identifies own learning needs and takes
initiative to begin appropriate solution.
- Fulfills all requirements of departmental competencies.
- Performs motility procedures on select patient population.
- Operates motility equipment and performs procedure editing in
preparation of physician interpretation.
- Serves as resource to providers and staff regarding motility
- Maintain procedure logs and EPIC documentation per hospital and
- Assists DHI leadership in maintenance and replacement of
motility equipment and supplies.
- Cross trains to prep role in procedure lab.
Keywords: Nurse.com, Tuscaloosa , RN - Motility Digestive Health Procedures, Healthcare , Gordo, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!