Company: LBA Hospitality
Posted on: November 12, 2019
Responsible for supervision, labor and cost controls of the
Housekeeping Department. Maintains clean guest and public areas at
all times. Provides excellent guest service in an efficient,
courteous professional manner; following LBA standards of friendly
hospitality while adhering to guidelines and procedures. PRE
REQUISITES Managers and associates have access to guestrooms and
property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are
essential to this position. Therefore, associates must pass the
appropriate security clearance, per company policy.
- Experience in similar capacities: lodging, housing,
housekeeping, hospitals, care facilities, supervision of staff,
proven ability to do basic math required.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred. SUMMARY OF
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS The essential function of the Housekeeping
Manager is to monitor the cleanliness of guest rooms and public
areas as well as satisfying guests in terms of and the friendliness
and service of the Housekeeping staff. Ensure Guest and all public
areas of the hotel are clean and operating correctly while working
within the labor and budgetary guidelines set forth by LBA. Must be
able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending,
learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating. For
this position specifically:
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach,
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to
communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES Knowledge in:
- Supervising and managing staff techniques.
- Through knowledge of materials, supplies and equipment used in
the housekeeping department.
- Entire property, staff, services, hours of operation, type of
rooms, locations, rates, discounts. Skills:
- Follow and manage using The Company procedures and
- Must be organized to maintain logs, bibles, checklist,
inventories as scheduled.
- Basic computer experience to: pull reports break out house,
check house inventory.
- Management skills: interview, train, coach, motivate, counsel,
discipline, and terminate employment.
- Payroll: be able to Input payroll, store timecards, and
maintain weekly reports.
- Follow and manage using The Company procedures and policies.
- Comply to all standards
- Multi task, remain service centric.
- Effectively communicate with guests and co-workers via various
methods to include: messages and communication log books.
- Assist guest with issues, being professional and maintaining
hospitable caring attitude.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
associates and department heads. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and coordinate the activities of the Housekeeping Team.
This is accomplished through daily shift meetings, monthly
department meetings. Maintain agendas and sign in sheets.
- Staff Management & Development: Responsible for written
documentation regarding staff development including performance
reviews. Responsible for monitoring the training of new associates
in the housekeeping department, ensuring the training checklist is
being utilized. Make recommendations to General Manager for
termination in accordance with LBA standards of conduct and
- Hiring: Responsible for interviewing and assisting in hiring
decisions for housekeeping and laundry departments.
- Inspect all areas of the hotel: rooms, public space, back of
the house, grounds....) to ensure sanitation, brand, all health and
safety standards are met.
- Supplies: Maintain the necessary items to effectively operate
department. This includes and not limited to: guest loaned items
(roll aways, cribs, microwaves, refrigerators, etc.) This is done
through monthly inventories, proper ordering, receiving and
maintenance of supplies, Log and process invoices for payment,
including coding, filing, and inputting.
- Equipment: Ensure all are in working order: vacuums, laundry
equipment, carts, etc.
- Safety and Security: Key control is required for guests and
associates. Keys are to be accounted for and secured on a constant
- Training: Many tools are available for training: new hire,
ongoing, brand, vendors...it is your responsibility to present
these resources to all staff for continuous education.
- Labor: Schedule and work within the designated Labor
- Guest: Privacy is an utmost concern.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Department to ensure
maintenance request are initiated in a timely basis and the
property is maintained in a like-new condition.
- Other duties as assigned, that the associate is capable of
performing. WORKING CONDITIONS/SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS Standing,
walking for long periods of time while maintaining a friendly
professional image. Should be able to develop maintenance staff in
the advancement of their careers. At times will have to work shifts
and weekends POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT The next step for
this position is in a training capacity. The ability to teach
skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in
preparation for further promotion. Disclaimer The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not
to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All
personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal
responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Keywords: LBA Hospitality, Tuscaloosa , Executive Housekeeper, Hospitality & Tourism , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!