Company: Valmont Industries, Inc.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
th Street Tuscaloosa Alabama 35 Why Valmont
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you
join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to
changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want
problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and
innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure,
irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities.
We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products
and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.Job
Summary: Operate mechanical boom and cable equipment to lift and
move materials, machines, or products.Basic Qualifications
(Required for job):
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account
for his/her actions.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with
other using the spoken word.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and
- Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work
toward a goal.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks
under stressful situations.Preferred Qualifications
(Optional):One-year prior overhead crane experience
- Determine load weights and check them against lifting
capacities in order to prevent overload.
- Move levers and turn dials to operate cranes for lifting,
moving, and placing loads.
- Inspect cables and grappling devices for wear.
- Inspect and adjust crane mechanisms and lifting accessories in
order to prevent malfunctions and damage.
- Review daily work and delivery schedules to determine orders,
sequences of deliveries, and special loading instructions.
- A thorough knowledge of rigging and moving procedures and
practices are essential to ensure safety and quality of
- Must be able to perform the requirements of the job, which
include lifting, bending, walking and working overhead.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by supervisor and
- Actively participate in department safety, demonstrate
excellent safety practices and behaviors, which conform to all
Valmont safety policy and procedures.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: No supervisory responsibilities
in this position.Valmont does not discriminate against any employee
or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis
of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status,
disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.If you have a disability and
require any assistance in filling out the application for
employment email .
Keywords: Valmont Industries, Inc., Tuscaloosa , Crane Operator, Other , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!