Senior Quality Engineer
Company: Lear Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
ATURE OF WORK: This is responsible work, specializing in areas
of quality control engineering for incoming materials. Incumbents
in this classification verify incoming materials conform to
documented requirements, prepare incoming inspection instructions
and equipment operation instructions, and ensuring that
nonconforming material is segregated or moved to an area
responsible for necessary repairs and then another inspection
before use in a Lean manufacturing environment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED (The following duties are typical for
this classification. However, any one position may not include all
of the duties listed, nor do the examples cover all of the duties
which may be performed.)
- Maintain customer concern countermeasure list for Plant
- 8D report creation and coordination
- Procedures for Quality
- Support internal quality issues
- Support customer quality issues
- Support design changes and trials
- Mentor technicians on Quality issues
- Review procedures for the Quality System
- Quality control activity management
- Weekly conference call with worst suppliers
- Supplier product/process audit
- PPAP Approval and tracking from all suppliers
- Support internal trouble analysis solve problem
- Support design changes and trials from suppliers
- Monthly meeting with worst suppliers
- Ensures incoming inspection records and files are up to date
and is being conducted.
- Attend internal meetings as required
- Maintain SQTS database
- Verify AS400 system for accuracy
- Create and issue supplier chargebacks as necessary.
- Update daily supplier containment log in production report
- Create Monthly SPPM, scrap, and vendor scrap charts
- Working with suppliers for containment action plans
- Accumulate material review with suppliers
- Participates in design of all monitoring formats and quality
- Uses quality monitoring data management system to compile and
track performance at team and individual level.
- Provides actionable data to various internal support groups as
- Coordinates and facilitates all calibration sessions for Lear
- Provides feedback concerning quality team leaders and
- Prepares and analyzes internal quality reports for management
- Responsible for new material sample approval.
- Examines contents and compare with records, such as manifests,
invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing
- Confers and corresponds with establishment representatives to
rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to
- Ensures quality conforms to requirements; workmanship
standards, work instructions, engineering documents, and thorough
testing are used to assess the conformance of the product, and
non-conformances are either immediately repaired and re-inspected,
or identified and segregated from conforming product.
- Inspects the product and/or audits processes based upon the
quality history, criticality and capability of the processes.
- Develops methods for inspection, testing, sampling, and
- Evaluates production capabilities and recommends
- Assists in developing quality assurance policies and
- Inspects and verifies a wide variety of equipment, parts, and
subassemblies to ensure conformance to the latest revision of the
design specifications, drawings and industry quality
- Performs inspection operations referring to copies of
schematics, specifications, assembly prints and piece part
- Works with engineering groups to develop measuring equipment
standards and techniques for new or unusual precision mechanical
parts and assemblies.
- Examines, evaluates, and disposes rejected material.
- Tracks and reduces rejected inventory.
- Verifies conformance of parts and assemblies to specifications
using various inspection equipment (CMM , surface plate, calipers,
verniers, height gauges, etc).
- Travels to local supplier sites to perform source inspection of
supplied product to ensure all specifications.
- Helps to maintain the integrity of the inspection equipment in
- Ensures that all equipment is in calibration.
- Aids in scheduling calibration of the equipment with the 3rd
party calibration lab.
- Assists other inspectors working with them to exchange and
- Reports serious quality issues to the department lead and
assist in working towards that appropriate corrective action
- Performs inspection on returned material (RGA s) and determine
appropriate disposition to either MRB or stock.
- Performs inspection supplier rework parts to ensure rework was
performed correctly and that the part conforms to
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of terminology pertaining to quality assurance as
needed to respond to questions and provide oversight.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality
control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective
manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of precision tooling, experience with comparators,
height gauges, and micrometers.
- Knowledge of ASTM standards in the industrial field and
education and prior work requirements.
- Knowledge of various functions of an automotive plant such as
maintenance, quality, production control, operations, and materials
as needed to determine how they are interrelated and oversee
employees in the quality department.
- Knowledge of strategies such as product lifecycle management
(PLM), just-in-time, and self-directed teams as needed to
effectively implement these strategies.
- Knowledge of Lear's organizational rules, regulations,
procedures, and practices as needed to oversee processes.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer
and personal service to include customer needs assessment, meeting
quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
- Ability to analyze problems to include asking the appropriate
questions and gathering additional information in order to identify
causes of and solutions to problems.
- Ability to recognize relationships between facts, information,
or situations as needed to integrate information from various
- Possess strong knowledge of TS16949 quality management system
and quality control techniques.
- Possess strong knowledge of VDA 2, VDA 6.3
- Possess application knowledge of FMEA, SPC, TQM, etc.
- Possess strong analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal
- BS/BA in any related field and 5 years' experience in an
automotive just in time environment.
Keywords: Lear Corporation, Tuscaloosa , Senior Quality Engineer, Other , Vance, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!