Windows System Administrator
Company: Earth Resources Technology, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Office of Water Prediction (OWP) is an organization that
includes physical locations in Alabama, Maryland, and Minnesota.
OWP collaboratively researches, develops, and delivers
state-of-the-science national hydrologic analyses, forecast
information, data, decision-support services and guidance to
support and inform essential emergency services and water
Will maintain data files and control procedures for a system of
networked personal computers or for a group of desktop computers
linked to a host server. They are responsible for system security
and data integrity. Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and creating Microsoft's Active Directory
- Maintain Domain Name Services (DNS) and Lightweight Directory
Access Protocol (LDAP) databases.
- Support the OWP ITSG IT Service Management (ITSM) Help Desk
utilizing automated ITSM applications, currently Samanage and
- Accurately diagnose technical problems, situations, and
- Work with team to address security concerns within 30 days or
less as discovered in Tenable, or by pen testing.
- Assist in the maintenance of system-level IT security
procedures, and ensure all systems meet current FISMA System
accreditation categorizations (currently FISMA Moderate).
- Configures and manages Windows operating systems and
installs/loads operating system software,
- Troubleshoots, maintains integrity, and configures network
components along with implementing operating systems enhancements
to improve reliability and performance.
- Interface with vendor technical personnel in providing problem
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status
to agency management and internal customers.
- Will utilize SCCM to implement proper system patching to
address security vulnerabilities and accurately report security
- Act as the point of contact for NOAA's Computer Incident
Response Team (NCIRT) and notify the appropriate NOAA personnel
whenever a computer security incident occurs.
- Produce periodic business reports, generate output such as
labels, letters, and forms, and respond to frequent management
request for information.
- Install hardware components and system software.
- Install in-house and Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS)
- Perform housekeeping functions, including the deletion of
orphaned processes, backing up critical files and maintaining
- Provide email support including account creation and end-user
- Provide in-house technical training as required.
- Monitor and support the processes, which move and manipulate
environmental data throughout the computing environment.
- Support system switches from primary to backup systems, as
- Provide assistance with network security problems as
4+ years system administration experience. Provide MS-Windows
Active Directory services with DNS. Ability to Install hardware and
software components and perform housekeeping functions, such as
backing up critical files and provide backup verification, as
required. Utilizing SCCM to deploy system wide patching.
- Experience with network administer responsibilities.
- Experience with Storage, Virtual Environments, and/or Virtual
- Experience with administrating MAC devices.
- Ability to maintain identification and authentication servers
- Ability to maintain secure network protocols including HTTPS,
sFTP, FTPs, SMTP, LDM, and others as required (DHCP servers, (DNS)
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to pass a
background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the
applicable government facility.
BS in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent.
Keywords: Earth Resources Technology, Inc., Tuscaloosa , Windows System Administrator, Other , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!