Civil Substation Engineer
Company: Talascend, LLC
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Talascend is currently seeking aCivil Substation Engineer for
a remote contract opportunity.
Functions in a mid level engineer capacity, or technical
specialist. Under general supervision, performs all aspects of
conventional design engineering and analysis. Broadens knowledge
and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge
in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
- Continues to learn and remains current on departmental design
guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and
clientpolicies and procedures.
- Applies to assigned tasks as appropriate.
- Begins to independently apply knowledge and complies with
thequality program relative to assigned tasks.
- Supports continuous improvement and change management
- Prepares a variety of moderately complex engineering
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for
equipment and/or materials selection.
- Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard
methods and principles;
- Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality
requirements Recognizes, defines and resolves problems within
- May provide direction and guidance to others.
- Assigns tasks to and coordinates with other internal/external
team members on less complex projects.
- Initiates contact with other disciplines as needed to identify
and coordinate details of the work.
- Actively seeks to understand client interests and drivers
through normal client contact and through interaction and
communication with project leadership.
- Applies understanding of client interests and drivers to their
own behavior and performance of the work under his/her
- May provide support to business development or pursuit
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- Shares current knowledge of latest technology and
- May assist with performance management process, mentoring,
recognition, and any corrective actions required.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a
recognized accredited program in their home country or the country
in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment
onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of
the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and
motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable
laws and regulations.
- Learning on the Fly
- Problem Solving
- Drive For Results
- Listening and Dealing with Ambiguity
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and
applicable design guides and standards related to assigned
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those
qualified individuals who closely meet thequalifications of the
position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a
summary, otherduties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and
hires qualified candidates without regard to race,religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship, disability, orveteran status.
Keywords: Talascend, LLC, Tuscaloosa , Civil Substation Engineer, Other , kansas, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!