Talascend is currently seeking a Structural Engineer for a
remote contract to possible direct hireopportunity with our
Under close supervision, performs engineering functions
requiring knowledge and experience in engineering principles. This
level builds on experience gained as Engineer1 by either obtaining
more depth in specific subject area with the expectation that
assignments are larger and more complex, or by gaining experience
in more subject areas.
- Continues to learn and remains current on departmental design
guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and
policies and procedures
- Applies to assigned tasks as appropriate Quality / Continuous
- Continues developing knowledge and complies with thequality
program relative to assigned tasks.
- Supports continuous improvement and change management
- Prepares and verifies less complex engineering
- Performs research and develops recommendations for equipment
and/or materials selection.
- Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering
- Prepares engineering calculations following standard methods
- Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality
- Seeks out supervisor or project leadership to share information
and gain guidance with respect to details of design and
- Coordinates with others as assigned by supervisor or project
- Focuses on the needs of internal clients (project team
leadership) while attempting to gain basic understanding of
external client's main interests and drivers.
- May provide support to business development or pursuit
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- Shares current knowledge of latest technology and
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Typical office environment. Physical Demands: Sitting, talking,
grasping, hearing, keyboard input, driving, seeing, writing,
reaching, stooping, crouching, walking, standing for extended
periods of time.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a
recognized accredited program in their home country or the country
in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 1 year related work experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment
onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of
the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and
motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable
laws and regulations.
- Strongly prefer a minimum of 18-months experience working on
Telecommunications towers, antenna mounts & foundations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with TIA code.
- Self-motivated and able to work on a team, work independently
or lead a small team as needed.
- EIT certification.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those
qualified individuals who closely meet thequalifications of the
position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a
summary, otherduties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and
hires qualified candidates without regard to race,religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship, disability, orveteran status.