Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Store Asset Protection Lead is responsible for assisting
the Store Manager with the Asset Protection and shortage control
programs in their assigned store. The Store Asset Protection Lead
is accountable for working with the Store Manager to meet the
shortage goals for their assigned location. This individual will
conduct investigations, provides training of store associates, and
will partner with the Store Manager on resolution to shortage
related issues. The Store Asset Protection Lead reports to the
Store Manager and facilitates communication between their assigned
store and Field AP leadership on Asset Protection issues and
- Embody the values of the Asset Protection Mission Statement to
protect the profitability of the store, to be a change agent within
the store and community, keeping matters confidential and foster an
environment of diversity and inclusion.
- Ensures compliance with company shortage and safety programs
and directives by partnering with Store Manager. (I.E. Action
Plans, RFID, Awareness Centers)
- Understand profitability to support the Store Manager with
direct controllable, including Cash Over/Short, RFID, Chargebacks,
and reverse logistics functions.
- Take a proactive approach to reduce shortage including
preventing and detecting issues of theft and dishonesty.
- Work to drive shortage reduction plans and shortage program
compliance for assigned location in partnership with Store
Management and Field AP Leadership.
- Work with Field AP leadership in the discovery and resolution
of shortage opportunities including incidents of theft or
- Investigate internal, external and ORC situations in accordance
with case procedures, standards, and applicable laws. Including
following appropriate procedures for apprehensions and accurately
and timely reporting of all incidents to Field AP leadership.
- Accurately and timely reports all incidents to the appropriate
chain of command.
- Ensure the Store Manager is aware of data security and safety
related issues in the store.
- Maintains positive relationships between the store and law
- Foster an environment of learning within the store by training
Associates on system applications, policies, and procedures.
- Manage the effective utilization and report any operability
issues of all security systems.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned with a
teamwork and collaborative approach.
- All Associates are held to higher standards due to their
position. AP Associates are expected to follow all government and
corporate laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Education / Experience Requirements:
Position Contribution Level:
Minimum Education & Experience:
- 1 or more years of equivalent experience
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Outlook
Preferred Education & Experience:
- 1+ years of Asset Protection experience
- Certifications: LPQ, LPC, Wicklander-Zulawski
- Experience with exception based reporting and other analytical
- Investigative Interview Training
Knowledge / Skills Requirements:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion.
- Ability to make critical decisions in high pressure
- Strong work ethic and ability to produce high quality work
under deadline pressures.
- Ability to solve problems with consideration to their
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Ability to prioritize, adjust to new developments, and complete
tasks is required.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make regular court appearances on the
- Must possess a demonstrated understanding of general and civil
- Ability to travel with Regional Asset Protection Manager
- Ability to operate standard phone, computer, calculator and
other business machines.
- Ability to sit, walk, or stand, for brief to extended periods
- Ability to perform some lifting (25-50 lbs.)
- Ability to climb ladders, scaffolds and work at heights.
- Ability to operate photographic and video equipment.
Supervisor: Direct - Store Manager or Market Asset Protection
Dotted Line Regional Asset Protection Manager
Supervises: Store Asset Protection Teams within assigned
Belkcareers.com is committed to making the on-line application
experience easy and accessible to individuals with disabilities. We
are constantly making improvements to comply with the spirit of the
"Americans with Disabilities Act," and the Web Content
Accessibility Guidelines. If any of the information on the
belkcareers.com website is not accessible to you due to a
disability, please contact us via email at
HRSharedServices@Belk.com. Please provide the location of the
inaccessible information and the format you wish to have the
information presented and we will be happy to send it to you,
either via your email address or a separate mailing address you
provide. If you prefer, you may contact one of our friendly Shared
Services representatives at 1-800-588-3700 and we will be happy to
assist you with the application process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We treat all our associates and candidates as equals. We require
all associates and managers to do so too and comply with employment
laws and regulations. All personnel actions are conducted in the
spirit of equal employment. We are committed to recruit, train,
promote and retain associates without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identification and expression, national
origin, marital status, age, disability, genetic information,
military status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic
protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
Keywords: Belk, Tuscaloosa , Asset Protection, Other , belk, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!