3296 Part Quality Engineer
Company: Mercedes Benz
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Mercedes-Benz: Building Exceptional Vehicles...and Careers!
The best chapters in Alabama's automotive success story are yet
to come. The Mercedes-Benz automobile of the future will be
different; greener, more efficient, safer, and even more
fascinating. Only one thing will never change - It will wear a
MBUSI is home to the GLE, GLE Coupe, and GLS Sport Utility
Vehicles produced for all global markets. Our facility is one of
the most advanced automotive manufacturing facilities in the world,
with over 6 million square feet under one roof. The plant, located
in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama, is positioned in an area of natural
beauty and abundant natural resources.
MBUSI offers an excellent compensation and benefits package
including health and life insurance, 401(k) and retirement, on-site
child development and wellness facilities. MBUSI is committed to
excellence and actively promotes teamwork, safety, quality, and
continuous improvement within its ranks. Our Team Members share a
common goal to always be the best premium auto manufacturer in
Mercedes-Benz, U.S. International, Inc. provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
Mercedes-Benz U.S. International, Inc. follows all local, state and
federal laws in all aspects of business.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for any open
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for
investigating, analyzing and correcting issues with supplier parts
through collaborative efforts with business partners within the
company and suppliers to ensure the incoming quality and
functionality of parts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinate, align and report on activities for Model Year and
Running Change Measures.
This includes the following:
- Problem solving documentation.
- Communicate and coordinate part quality and data information
between supplier plants.
- Coordinate and manage part campaigns for retrofit/rework.
- Align with the Supplier Quality Engieer (MP) on boundary
samples, reviewing trial parts and providing line support, and
reporting part readiness for launch to the MP team.
- Lead corrective action and root cause analysis using problem
solving methods and continuous improvement techniques.
- Support Production Operations regarding supplier related
issues, process improvements, and cross-functional activities to
achieve quality, safety and production goals.
- Coordinate part sorting activities utilizing 3rd party to
include in-house, yard and sequencing areas.
- Coordinate and initiate containment activities in-house and
feedback to Supplier Quality and Supplier(s).
- Initiate supplier notification and initial pro
- Perform safe work practices and participate in trainings and
safety programs in a positive and proactive way by following safety
rules, procedures, regulations, standards and laws. Report all
unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, and injuries to supervisor or Human
- Work safely 100% of the time.
- Performs other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Experience and Necessary Skills all
must be met in order to qualify for position.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, Supply chain/Operations Management or in a related
area, and/or the equivalent combination of education and
A minimum of three (3) years' of relevant professional
experience in the following area(s):
Quality Engineering function within a manufacturing
Necessary Skills, Certifications, etc.:
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point,
- Experience in using hand held measuremetn tools (i.e. calipers,
- GD&T and SPC analysis understanding
- Ability to enforce the basic requirements of a quality system
within an automotive manufactureing environment:
- i.e. APQP steps, control plan validation, PFMEA reviews,
- Working knowledge of specific manufacturing processes i.e.
chassis drive train components including manufacturing experience
in welding, stamping, injection/blow molding, casting and
machining. Knowledge of power train components including brake,
suspension, exhaust, steering, HVAC, engine and transmission
systems. Knowledge of interior systems and processes not limited to
seats, center consoles, cockpits, door panels, headliners, carpet
and interior trim.
- Strong problem solving skills using established methodologies
including 8D, 5-WHY, DOE, RedX, Six Sigma, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform other Supplier Quality Operations related
duties as required such as line call support, issue response, audit
finding investigations, walk-backs, non-conforming material
- German language skills
- Proficiency in CAD,Catia, CMM, FMEA, APQP, Faro Arm
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Keywords: Mercedes Benz, Tuscaloosa , 3296 Part Quality Engineer, Other , Vance, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!