Openings >> Sr. Project Controls Specialist (Cost Analyst)
Sr. Project Controls Specialist (Cost Analyst) Knoxville, TN
Title: Sr. Project Controls Specialist (Cost Analyst) Knoxville,
Location: Knoxville, TN
Sr. Project Controls Specialist (Cost Analyst) Knoxville,
RSI EnTech, LLC (RSI) is currently recruiting a Sr. Project
Controls Specialist (Cost Analyst) for our client in Knoxville,
The Project Controls Specialist (Cost Analyst) is responsible
for supporting the Project Manager in project scoping, planning and
scheduling; earned value management; change control; problem
identification and resolution support. The Sr. Project Controls
Specialist (Cost Analyst) requires good communications skills that
exude a positive, customer-oriented attitude.
- Plan and monitor project cost performance.
- Periodically review the project status by analyzing actual
physical progress and reported activity completion and comparing
that information to the project schedule.
- Document project progress and changes, forecast project cost
and schedule impacts, and communicate progress updates and
projections to team members.
- Prepare summary and detail level reports which are the
fundamental monitoring tool to identify progress and problems with
- Accrual preparation and analysis.
- Coordinate with various customer and stakeholder organizations
on the status of work being performed and process logic change
requests while analyzing these impacts on the schedule and resource
- Utilize the lessons learned from other projects to identify
potential risk exposures and needed activities and logic
- Perform risk analysis of the project plan to determine how to
achieve reduced levels of risk while maintaining safety and
technical specification adherence.
- Prepare status reports and provide detailed analysis on project
status through the use of earned value management techniques and
- Detailed variance analysis of actuals versus forecast.
- Forecast multiple projects with various expenditure types
- Conduct change control in accordance with established
- Interface with system engineers, design engineers, operations,
maintenance personnel and senior management.
- Prepare work orders as needed for project team.
- Close POs and drive project closeout process.
- Proactively recommend solutions to project manager and team for
recovery or problem resolution.
- Support the annual and long-range planning process.
- Monitor team compliance with company standards and
- Travel to project sites to support management reviews, as
Education Bachelors Degree in a technical or
financial/business field, or related technical field desired plus
several years of progressively more difficult project control
experience with an emphasis on cost analysis and reporting.
Detailed knowledge of project control practices, methods,
procedures is desired.
Experience Demonstrated application of project
control concepts, processes, methodology, and techniques.
Demonstrated experience in cost engineering practices such as
performance analysis, business planning, budgeting, economic
analysis, cost control, forecasting, etc. with ability to query
company financial accounting system for detailed cost analysis.
Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at all levels of
management including executive management. Demonstrated ability to
use PC based software (Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point).
Working knowledge of business planning processes and supporting
budgetary, financial & workforce planning processes. Demonstrated
ability in problem solving and analysis. Familiarity with the
concept of how risk management tools work and are used and applied
on a project.
If you would like to apply for an open position with RSI or
submit a general application, please click here . Please include
references in your application.
RSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Copyright 2021 RSI EnTech, LLC All rights reserved.