HPC Infrastructure Engineer
Company: Earth Resources Technology, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Will provide technical guidance for directing and monitoring
information systems operations. Designs, builds, and implements
network systems. Will direct compilation of records and reports
concerning network operations and maintenance. Troubleshoot network
performance issues. Analyze network traffic and provides capacity
planning solutions. Will monitor and respond to complex technical
control facility hardware and software problems. Interfaces with
vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during
outages or periods of degraded system performance. Manage the
purchase, testing, installation, and support of network
communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems. Perform system-level
design and configuration of products including determination of
hardware, OS, and other platform specifications. Additional duties
- Plans large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison
and cost studies.
- Perform a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities
that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems
design, integration, and implementation, including personnel,
hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or
- Provide quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and
existing software products.
- Provide oversight for all information systems operations
activities, including computer and
telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data
control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support,
operating systems programming, system security policy procedures,
and/or web strategy and operations.
- Provide input to policy level discussions regarding standards
and budget constraints.
- Supervise all personnel engaged in the operation and support of
network facilities, including all communications equipment on
various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations.
- Supervise complex operations that involve two or more
additional functions such as, but not limited to, network
operations, systems security, systems software support, and
production support activities.
- Monitor and respond to hardware, software, and network
- Provide the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the
network facilities (including power, software, communications
machinery, lines, modems, and terminals).
- Utilize software and hardware tools and identifies and
diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network
- Troubleshoot network systems when necessary and makes
improvements to the network.
- This position is eligible for
8+ years of experience with infrastructure engineering. Experience
providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or
technology assignments. Experience establishing goals and plans
that meet project objectives. Experience directing and controlling
activities for a client, having overall responsibility for
financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that
technical requirements are met. Experience with client negotiations
and interfacing with senior management.
Must be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a
security badge to enter the applicable government facility.
MS in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent.
Keywords: Earth Resources Technology, Inc., Tuscaloosa , HPC Infrastructure Engineer, Other , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!