Quality Engineer (QMS)
Company: Bolta US
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Quality Engineer (Must have experience with
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Contributes to developing the Quality strategy, policies,
processes, standards and systems for the Company and its supply
chain to operate within. May undertake auditing to ensure
compliance although this may be carried out by a third party
- Responsible for operating the Quality Management System (QMS),
writing procedures and processes to support the QMS development.
Lead and undertake audits across all areas of the organization as
well as across the supply chain. Provide training and champion the
Quality Management System. Work on many phases or sub-tasks of
projects or entire projects of moderate complexity, with results
impacting on project completion.
- Planning, implementation and maintenance of quality standards
for particular projects in line with quantity, quality, time
schedule and cost targets.
- Oversee effective implementation of the Quality Management
System throughout the company, including any business
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying
statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Maintain the Quality Manuals and Quality Procedures and ensure
contents are appropriate for business
- Analyze current and future procedural needs of the
- Organize and manage the plant internal audit system and the
corrective action reporting system
- Conduct Quality Systems audits and assist in training/guidance
to other auditors
- Host external Quality System audits.
- Coordinate the review of Quality procedures associated with
plant continuous improvement initiatives.
- Plan Standard Operating practices required under the overriding
- Maintain the Standard Operating Procedure content and
coordinate the issuing of these documents
- Undertake internal project and management audits during the
earlier, design and manufacture stages
- Collate quality data for monitoring targets.
- Assist with training of quality awareness.
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere
to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to
product, process or system.
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous
improvement such as Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), and
Measurement System Analysis
- Support and lead process improvement activities
- Other duties assigned in order to ensure operations run
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements
- Knowledge of quality systems.
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP),
Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- Strong knowledge of IATF
- Knowledge of TS16949 and ISO9000
- Understanding of ISO14001 and Health and Safety Practices
- Understanding of engineering drawings and manufacturing
- Ability to work with individuals at all organizational
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Negotiation skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to present data effectively
- Understanding of cost and financial impacts
- Ability to work on own initiative.
or manufacturing/engineering degree preferred, or ONC, A Levels,
BTec Diploma Level 3 or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification
Professional Experience (Years/ Experience)
A minimum of 10 years experience supporting an automotive
production facility. 5 years of experience on the Quality
Certification on IATF, TS 16949 and ISO9000 (VDA is a plus)
Keywords: Bolta US, Tuscaloosa , Quality Engineer (QMS), Other , Northport, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!