Welder (Shop / Fabrication)
Posted on: June 10, 2021
This position is responsible to lay out, fit and fabricate metal
components to assemble structural forms using knowledge of welding
techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Weld parts in flat, vertical, and/or overhead positions
- weld in all positions, vertical, horizontal
- Evaluate all engineering drawings and ensure implementation
according to welding specifications.
- Perform all welding work with help of forming and cutting
- Provide assistance to production process wherever
- Design and produce new parts according to specifications.
- Perform efficient welding of various metal objects.
- Perform work with help of various hand and power tools.
- Analyze diagrams and specifications and cut all metal
accordingly with help of cutting equipment.
- Evaluate finished products and perform quality checks on
- Administer all welding activities in a safe and efficient
- Assemble old units and perform modification and repair work if
- Collaborate work with metal sheets and apply various insulation
Read Blueprints and/or Drawings
- Use Welding material per provided drawings.
- Communicate defects to manager.
- Attend scheduled safety meetings.
- Enforce all applicable safety policies.
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Promote safety among co-workers.
- Participate in Behavior Based Safety program.
Power saws and portable grinders
- Assist in use of portable grinder, hand file, and/or scraper as
- Use precision measuring tools to inspect grooves and
- All other duties as assigned.
- Problem Solving Ability to read blueprints
- Must be capable of working any shift, overtime, be on-call, or
work seven days a week, if needed.
- Must be able to multiple tasks with a strong sense of urgency
to meet the customer needs.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and take
instructions from management and co-workers.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work
- Must possess the basic reading and math skills
- Must have good written and verbal communicate skills.
- Strong record of attendance reliability
- Safety Oriented with the ability to work well within a team
- Must be capable of performing the essential job duties required
of this job
Physical Demands include, but are not limited to:
- Must be physically able to perform work assigned.
- Must be physically capable of accessing all plant
- Access all areas within a site which could include heights,
confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and accessing
- Will be working at times in covered environment or in an
- The employee will be exposed to the following working
conditions: Extreme Heat and Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils, and
Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust, Fumes, and Particles.
- The employee will be required to perform the following actions
(from time to time): Standing, walking, balancing, stooping,
kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing and sitting.
- Ability to consistently lift over 50 pounds as needed.
Keywords: ProcessBarron, Tuscaloosa , Welder (Shop / Fabrication), Other , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!