Machinist (CNC and Manual)
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position is responsible for the safe and efficient
preventative maintenance and repair activities of the plant
- RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS: *
- Operate manual and CNC lathes, mills, drill presses,
surface grinders, VTLs, bar machinesvarious combinations thereofto
produce precision parts for air handling and other
- Able to read and understand and how to produce from
blueprint drawings regarding materials, dimensions, precision
- Machine change-outs and setups.
- Machine maintenance; greasing/oiling, maintaining
- Troubleshoot mechanical/electrical issues with
- Mechanic work involving hand tools and air powered
- Produce quality parts (shafting, hubs, bearing
pedestals, sprockets, collars, etc.
- Attend scheduled safety meetings.
- Enforce all applicable safety policies.
- Maintain a safe and clean work
- Promote safety among co-workers.
- Participate in Behavior Based Safety
- To back up any qualified position as assigned by
- To be backed up by any qualified team member as
assigned by supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Problem Solving uses logic and methods to help solve
plant operating problems.
- Communication Skills clear written and verbal
instructions and notes are essential.
- Working Knowledge must understand machinist trade tools
and measuring devices and operational processes for
- Must be capable of working any shift, overtime, be
on-call, or work seven days a week, if needed.
- Must be able to multiple tasks with a strong sense of
urgency to meet the customer needs.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and
take instructions from management and co-workers.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work
- Must possess the basic reading and math
- Must have good written and verbal communicate
- Strong record of attendance reliability
- Safety Oriented with the ability to work well within a
- Must be capable of performing the essential job duties
required of this job
Physical Demands include, but are not limited
- Must be physically able to perform work
- Must be physically capable of accessing all plant
- The employee will be exposed to the following working
conditions: Extreme Heat and Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils, and
Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust, Fumes, and
- The employee will be required to perform the following
actions (from time to time): Standing, walking, balancing,
stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing and
- Ability to consistently lift over 50 pounds as
Keywords: ProcessBarron, Tuscaloosa , Machinist (CNC and Manual), Other , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!