Airfield Lighting Section Lead - Qatar - Immediate Interviews!
Company: PAE Incorporated
Posted on: September 4, 2021
Supporting the Most Exciting
and Meaningful Missions in the World
Airfield Lighting Section Lead - Qatar
PAE is seeking an Airfield Lighting Section Lead for an
upcoming contract at the Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar.
This position is pending contract award.
The Airfield Lighting Section Lead will:
- Supervise a team in the performance of required repairs,
maintenance, installation and modernization of airfield lighting
- Locate and determine electrical malfunctions using test
- Repair malfunctions by such methods as replacing burned out
elements, fuses, and replacing defective wiring, cleaning and
- Test electrical equipment for safety and efficiency, using
standard test equipment and by observing functions.
- Install underground wiring conduits, motors, and other
- Inspect circuits for specified shielding and grounding.
- Report any malfunctions or lack of compliance with SOW to the
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Be available within 4 hours to meet on the installation with
Government personnel to discuss problem areas.
- Must have at least five (5) years previous experience at a US
Air Force Military Installation with similar mission/project in
scope and nature.
- Must have at least three (3) years of supervisory/management
- Must have electrical skills, including, but not limited to;
plan reading, layout, various conduit bending, and wire
- Requires proficiency with the use of power tools.
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical principles pertaining
to power generation.
- Requires previous work experience in an austere OCONUS
environment with a multi-national workforce.
- Must have excellent organizational, time management and
customer service skills.
- Requires Microsoft Office and computer skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license and current passport.
- Must have an Active U.S. Government issued Secret Security
Clearance and maintain it for the duration of the
- Must have the ability to successfully pass CENTCOM medical
requirements and maintain requirements for duration of
- Must be able to obtain a Country visa (as required in line with
the U.S. Department of State Foreign Clearance Guide).
- Airfield Runway/Runway Lighting Experience.
- Underground Electrical Line experience.
- Journeyman or Master electrician license through any U.S.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience providing excellent customer service in supporting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple
tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities
and schedules and under pressure of deadlines while maintaining
- High school diploma or equivalent.
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS
This position may be located in an environment with harsh and
dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the
duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to
extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach
120-130 degrees Fahrenheit / 50-55 degrees Celsius during the
summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform
regular job requirements in this austere, extreme
environment. Employees must be willing and able to perform
physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting
and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the
safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment;
crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift
and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended
periods of time.
PAE will never charge a recruiting fee.
*This position is contingent upon contract award.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender,
national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status,
ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure,
medical condition including genetic characteristics or information,
veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the
essential functions of the job can be performed with or without
reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under
federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: PAE Incorporated, Tuscaloosa , Airfield Lighting Section Lead - Qatar - Immediate Interviews!, Other , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!