Customer Service Representative I
Company: Waste Industries
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Oversee branch maintenance program in an efficient, safe and proper
manner by providing leadership and coordinating and directing
employee activities engaged in servicing and repairing equipment
and vehicles. Establish open communication and work closely with
operations in order to ensure the delivery of safe, working
* Oversee responsibilities and coordinate efforts of Shop Foremen
and satellite shop facilities if applicable.
* Directly supervise all employees in the maintenance department
through planning and directing work of all shop personnel.
* Make repairs to vehicles and equipment if needed and follow-up on
all repairs made by the maintenance staff.
* Establish and enforce a preventative maintenance program to
ensure equipment is in safe and operable condition by planning and
scheduling all preventative maintenance work, scheduling repairs
and following up on equipment condition once repairs are
* Maintain all vehicle inspection, maintenance and safety records
required by federal, state or local agencies and Company
* Ensure that all work and the shop facility is compliant to Waste
Industries and OSHA safety standards
* Ensure that Safety Lane is operating and running in an efficient
* Confer with Operations Supervisor/Management to arrange for
equipment to be released from service for inspections, service and
* Schedule and conduct safety meetings and document attendees and
topics covered. Ensure employees follow safety guidelines and
perform duties in a safe manner.
* Maintain cost-effective inventory of all supplies and parts and
authorize and arrange for purchase of supplies, tools, parts,
* Oversee the maintenance and appearance of the shop facility and
* Ensure cleaning and maintenance of service and pick-up trucks and
cleanliness of shop facility and grounds.
* Track fuel use, order fuel as needed and compile information for
monthly fuel report summary on all trucks and service pick-ups and
give to Branch Manager on first day of every month.
* Track expenses across all product lines.
* Review work orders and VCR's daily.
* Run queries for inventory/part cost and enter adjustments
* Send Area Controller all required reports on a monthly basis.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Completion of DOT certification for air brake inspection and
adjustment and certification for Annual Vehicle Inspections.
* Possess Class B Certified Driver's License (CDL) within 6 months
* Prior supervisory experience in a shop or maintenance setting
GFL Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make
reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their
Keywords: Waste Industries, Tuscaloosa , Customer Service Representative I, Other , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!