QSAP II-Substance Abuse Counselor - 2863
Company: Indian Rivers Behavioral Health
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionQSAP II (Substance Abuse Counselor)***$2500 SIGN
ON BONUS*****Substance Abuse Services Full-time, 40 hours per week;
Mon, Tues & Thurs 9:30a-8:30p; Wed 8a-7pCompetencies:
- Must possess a strong commitment to the treatment of clients
with substance use disorders.
- Must be knowledgeable in cultural diversity and must be able to
work well w/clients with multiple problems.
- Must possess strong communication skills and the ability to
coordinate with IRBH, private and public mental health facilities,
local referral sources, state funded substance abuse agencies and
other agency personnel.
- In-depth knowledge of drugs of abuse, routes of use, symptoms
of intoxication and withdrawals.
- Knowledge of SA/dependence disorders, substance-induced
disorders, possible co-occurring disorders and appropriate levels
- Must possess effective understanding of techniques used
treating those with substance use disorders.
- Must be able to comprehend and maintain program standards.
- Must possess excellent professional verbal and written
- Must be able to interact with clients and their families in a
respectful and sensitive manner.
- Must be able to work within the Organization to effectively
serve the needs of the consumers.
- Must be able to work with other program staff in a cooperative,
- Must possess competent computer skills.Essential
- Ensure that all assigned duties are implemented according to
IRBH and DMH policies and procedures.
- Ensure all safety, fire prevention, and health measures are
followed while on duty.
- Each therapist in the Substance Abuse Program has a
productivity expectation that is determined by the current staffing
patterns, location and demand for services. Each therapist may have
a different expectation based on the schedule developed by the
supervisor which establishes the optimum amount of billing based on
the above criteria.
- Complete timely reporting information needed for ASAIS as
identified by the immediate supervisor.
- Maintain a case load as determined by DMH standards & as
directed by immediate supervisor while providing continuity of care
including frequency of contact and provision of services.
- Work in conjunction with paraprofessionals and professional
- Establish and maintain therapeutic relationships, observing
- Assist consumers through crisis situations and/or arrange for
the provision of such assistance from other professionals/personal
care givers and serve as an advocate for consumers.
- Follow the DMH and Medicaid standards for provision of group
and individual counseling, case management, crisis intervention,
basic living skills, and family support services.
- Provide group counseling, individual counseling and case
management daily as a primary job function, at a minimum of once
monthly contact with assigned client.
- Provides outreach community services as required by supervisor
or program standards.
- Ensure that the services provided are included in client's
treatment plan and that the treatment plan and treatment
interventions are based on needs identified by the psychosocial
assessment and case management assessment and is approved by a
- Ensure that documentation is accurately completed within 24
- Ensure that client charts are up to date and accurate,
including treatment plan reviews as assigned.
- Represent the Organization in an accurate and professional
- Follows IRBH Policy and Procedures.
- Attend staff meetings and team meetings as assigned.
- Ensure safety of consumers, preserving basic human and legal
- Demonstrate appropriate and ethical behavior at all times.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward work and the completion
of work assignments.
- Address any consumer concerns to the Supervisor or Program
- Provide all necessary data as required by the center and the
- Maintain communication and awareness of current Organization
events by reading memos, emails, bulletin boards, and communication
logs and respond in a timely manner.
- Work independently and/or with teams to complete assigned tasks
accurately and in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Support Organizational Code of Conduct, Standards Compliance,
HIPAA and Security Programs by ensuring job tasks are performed in
a legal and ethical manner, assessing the work area for
non-compliance and notifying the supervisor, manager, Executive
Director or designee as appropriate, and maintaining training
requirements and understanding that training is a required
condition of employment.
- Maintain the confidential nature of all consumer and
Organization related activities by not divulging information
outside the facility, discussing information within the facility on
a need-to-know basis, annually signing confidentiality statement,
and by referring media and general inquiries to the Executive
- Adhere to attendance and punctuality policy by allowing
adequate time to arrive, clock-in and assume responsibilities at
designated time, adhering to meal and break times and making timely
requests for annual leave and reporting the need for sick leave in
accordance with policy.
- Comply with all standards related to safety and health by
maintaining current TB Test, CPR/First Aid, CPI, and by reporting
infections and on-the-job injuries in accordance with policy.
- Identify opportunities for improving the quality of services
provided by the department and the organization.
- Represent the Organization in an accurate and professional
- Provide accurate documentation of billable time and service
reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain and support open communication with supervisor.
- Practice efficient time management skills.
- Devote 40 hours per week to the completion of duties as
outlined in the job description. More than 40 hours of work per
week may be required to meet job responsibilities and
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the
Supervisor or Executive Director.Minimum Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in behavioral sciences and current
licensure as a LBSW or have a current ADC.
- Must satisfactorily complete case management training.
- At least 2 years experience in a community mental health
- Current Alabama driver's license and good driving record as
defined by Indian Rivers' policy and as designated in a driving
- Must be able to read, write legibly, speak, and comprehend
English. Working Conditions, HIPAA, Other GuidelinesJob
Specifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise
qualified, to perform the essential functions.HIPAA: Must be
knowledgeable of and abide by HIPAA regulations regarding protected
health information as defined by HIPAA and IRMHC. Minimally
accesses verbal, written, and /or electronic PHI, usually
incidentally to an approved use and /or disclosure as pertains to
consumer's financial, demographic, and/or clinical data.Working
Conditions: Works in general office environment and in outpatient
facilities; may require long hours. Must have the use of sensory
skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other
employees and the public through the use of telephone and personal
contact. Physical capability to effectively use and operate office
related equipment, such as, but not limited to, computer, copier,
multi-line phone and fax. Some risk involved in the event of
aggressive/out-of-control consumers. Must possess a valid Alabama
driver's license.Physical Requirements: The Physical Requirements
described herein are representative of those which must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform
essential functions.Physical presence onsite is essential. Hearing
and vision must be normal or corrected to within normal range. Able
to perform the duties with or without reasonable
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employees Retirement System of Alabama
- Paid Time Off
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Voluntary dental, vision, and life insurancesIndian Rivers is
an Equal Opportunity EmployerThis Employer participates in
Keywords: Indian Rivers Behavioral Health, Tuscaloosa , QSAP II-Substance Abuse Counselor - 2863, Other , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!