Posted on: May 16, 2022
He/she must have an enhanced knowledge in the area of MRI. They
must have the specific expertise and skills necessary for
maintaining a safe MRI environment daily. They must know basic
anatomy, physiology and physics as it pertains to MRI patient
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* Provides imaging services and transportation to patients of all
ages; including neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and
geriatric. Provides patients and families with thorough
explanations and adequate communication.
* Upholds all safety standards related to assigned position.
Follows the established protocols, practices and guidelines for
assigned area of expertise to provide quality service. Observes
* Prioritizes customer and patient satisfaction and utilizes AIDET
principles. Works with other departments, modalities and personnel
to provide above average care to patients and families.
* Practices good stewardship with supplies, equipment and
department resources to assist in maintaining the financial
viability of the DCH Health System.
* Practice MRI zone safety and observes all screening
* Knowledgeable in MR language and in scheduling of MR
* Administers contrast/medications to all assigned patients
according to policy and procedure.
* Understands clinical history, supply and exam charges. Follows
* Correlates clinical history with the exam(s) being performed.
* Participates in MRI QC and completes appropriate documentation
for all MRI equipment.
* Performs duties necessary to maintain accreditation.
* Works with the manager/supervisor/staff to control and maintain
inventory and supplies and communicates problems and supply needs
* Understands, utilizes and takes responsibility for the care,
cleaning and maintenance of all imaging, transport and office
supplies, equipment and software as required by assigned area.
* Instructs and supervises student technologists and new employees
* Any job assignment requiring call during off duty hours becomes
part of that duty and will be compensated as is customary for the
* A charge tech or lead tech when assigned must facilitate and
coordinate services for their area of assignment and serve as a
contact person for radiologist, physician's offices and other
departments within the DCH System. Keep other shifts informed of
any changes in protocol, equipment issues and other functions that
may impact the shift/department. Monitor the functions of the area
of expertise and/or imaging department needs as necessary.
* Per Diem staff must work one holiday in a calendar year and at
least once during a 90 day period. Per Diem staff must notify the
person in charge of any unavailability. If after four requests are
made with a per diem employee declining work; that employee's per
diem position will be reviewed and removed from payroll. Per Diem
staff must submit a two-week notice of resignation.
* Functions proficiently in specified area with little or no
* Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and
financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
* Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee
Handbook. Fulfills education requirements for assigned position
including DCH Health System and Imaging required CBT's,
in-services, meetings and educational sessions.
* Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating
positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers,
colleagues and with self.
* Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software,
learning management software and intranet. Responds timely to all
forms of communication
* Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
* All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Must be efficient in the use of imaging equipment in the area of
expertise, office equipment and related material essential to good
patient care, imaging exams and Synapse.
* Must be able to read, write legibly, speak, and comprehend
* Must fulfill the graduation and registration requirements as
Radiologic (Diagnostic/Fluoroscopy), Computed Tomography (CT),
Interventional Radiology (IR), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI
Graduate of a JRCERT approved school of radiologic technology. Must
have current registration by the American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists (ARRT) in radiography or be registry eligible.
Registration is required within one year of graduation of a JRCERT
approved school of radiologic technology.
MRI (MR) - ARRT MRI registry eligible or MR registration preferred.
Formal education or previous on-the-job training recommended.
MR Technician - Must have six months of on-the-job training to
include a Medical Director approved off-site instruction course of
one or two weeks, followed by a three-month probation.
* Interpersonal Relationships
* Contact with others
* Electronic mail
* Frequency of Conflict Situations
* Face-to-Face Discussions
* Responsibility for Outcomes and Results
* Work With Work Group or Team
* Physical Work Conditions
* Awkward Positions
* Exposed to Disease or Infections
* Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
* Physical Proximity
* Spend Time Bending or Twisting the Body
* Spend Time Using Your Hands to Handle, Control, or Feel Objects,
Tools, or Controls
* Structural Job Characteristics
* Consequence of Error
* Freedom to Make Decisions
* Frequency of Decision Making
* Impact of Decisions on Co-workers or Company Results
* Importance of Being Exact or Accurate
* Physical Abilities
* Dynamic Flexibility
* Extent Flexibility
* Gross Body Coordination
* Gross Body Equilibrium
* Static Strength
* Trunk Strength
* Must be able to perform the duties with or without reasonable
* Hearing and vision must be normal or corrected to within normal
* Physical presence onsite is essential.
OTHER JOB FACTORS
* Work Styles
* Analytical Thinking
* Attention to Detail
* Concern for Others
* Social Orientation
* Stress Tolerance
* Work Values
* Working Conditions
KEY WORD SEARCH
Radiology, MRI, Magnetic Resonance
Keywords: DCH, Tuscaloosa , MRI Technologist, Other , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!