Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Full Time
Company: Noland Health Services
Posted on: November 16, 2022
Summary of Duties
Responsible for contributing to the nursing assessment, patient
admissions, participating in the development and modification of
the plan of care, participating in the implementation of the plan
of care, and contributing to the evaluation of the responses of
patients to nursing interventions. Under the direction and
supervision of a Registered Nurse, administers nursing care to
patients regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, and
Essential Job Functions
* Contributes to nursing assessment by collecting, reporting, and
recording objective and subjective data.
* Observes and reports changes in condition of patients and signs
and symptoms of deviations from normal health status.
* Participates in the development and modification of the Nursing
Care Plan by providing data. Uses data collected to plan and
* Documents the involvement of patient/family/significant other in
the medical record.
* Contributes to the identification of appropriate nursing
interventions to maintain comfort, support human functions and
* Assists with discharge planning.
* Performs assigned nursing procedures for the comfort and well
being of patients.
* Assists patients with ambulation.
* Assists physicians and nurses with special procedures.
* Assists with prescribed exercises, turning, massages, backrubs,
and repositioning of patients.
* Monitors and records vital signs, neurological and neurovascular
checks, identifies and reports abnormalities.
* Performs 12 lead EKG. Applies electrodes to patients requiring
cardiac monitoring and documents appropriately.
* Interprets cardiac rhythm correctly to include: sinus rhythm,
bradycardia, tachycardia, atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter,
ventricular flutter, and ventricular fibrillation.
* Prepares patient for meals and assists or feeds patients as
needed. Verifies placement of feeding tubes and administers tube
* Monitors oxygen therapy for safety and effectiveness.
* Assists with nursing care procedures such as endotracheal or
nasopharyngeal suctioning, intubation, extubation, and peritoneal
dialysis as appropriate.
* Cares for elimination needs including enemas, irrigations, ostomy
care, and urinary catheterizations.
* Collects and properly labels various types of specimens. Delivers
appropriately if necessary.
* Monitors and records patient's fluid balance (intake and
* Assists with I.V. therapy on hospital policy and Alabama Board of
Nursing (ABN) Scope of Practice guidelines. Performs venipunctures.
Discontinues I.V. and Heparin lock at peripheral sites. Performs
site care and I.V. tubing changes. Maintains nasogastric (NG) tubes
per hospital policy and ABN guidelines. Properly labels and hangs
peripheral I.V. fluids. Labels all I.V. tubing.
* Administers medications in accordance with policies and legal
limitations. Documents according to policy and procedure. Observes
patients for reactions to drugs and reports as needed.
* Applies various treatments, dressings, or corrective devices as
* Assures all restraint orders are properly written and renewed
prior to expiration. Assists other staff with identifying
alternatives to restraint use and assists with reducing/eliminating
* Monitors and records blood glucose accurately via glucometer.
* Transcribes physicians' orders onto MAR Kardex. Implements order
following review and verification by Registered Nurse.
* Documents nursing interventions and responses to care (patient
progress, medications, treatments, signs and symptoms, intake and
output, vital signs, serial blood sugars, ventilator parameters,
and other pertinent observations).
* Explains nursing interventions and provides appropriate education
(medication, procedures, diagnosis related, equipment, safety,
etc.) to patient and/or responsible person, according to their
predetermined level of comprehension, and documents on appropriate
* Performs phlebotomy and collects laboratory specimens according
to established standards.
* Monitors patient's skin integrity, reports abnormal findings, and
assists with follow-up orders and wound care.
* Assesses the patient for pain using a 1-10 pain rating scale or
other rating method and intervenes promptly and appropriately for
any identified pain.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be currently licensed as an LPN by the State of Alabama.
Minimum of one year experience, hospital experience strongly
Keywords: Noland Health Services, Tuscaloosa , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Full Time, Other , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!