EHS and Training Coordinator - N8 -
Company: Metalsa, S.A. de C.V.
Posted on: November 10, 2018
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITIONMaintain, implement, and improve written Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Management programs in line with legal and regulatory requirements and corporate guidelines. Additionally, design and implement training strategies for our personnel, which must guarantee the right competencies and skills for the optimum performance of their positions, thus generating value for the business and growth opportunities for our personnelESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITIONSPECIFIC
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local environmental and safety regulations, provide regulatory interpretation and guidance to facility, and evaluation of applicable legal and other EHS requirements.
- Complete and maintain EHS records and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local reporting and permitting requirements.
- Conduct EHS/MOS audits and manage and direct related corrective and preventative actions.
- Responsible for all workers compensation administration including case management and accident / incident investigations.
- Perform EHS training for all facility personnel and manage, schedule, and maintain through training database.
- Create improvements in processes, design, procedures, and programs to minimize risk.
- Project manager for EHS related projects and provides EHS support to all production programs and projects.
- Responsible for communication of EHS goals and objectives, as well as EHS management reporting.
- Liaison to and attend corporate EHS summits and region meetings ? some travel required.
- Coordinate, train, and lead safety and emergency response teams.
- Lead and coordinate bi-monthly plant safety walks.
- Administration of the Orientation Trainings for New Hires
- Responsible for the training budget using the detection of training needs and elaboration of strategies in agreement with the business? objectives
- Elaborate and update training plan (matrix)
- Lead the training manual develop plan
- Schedule all training events and assign resources (room, instructors and equipment)
- Define, schedule and confirm training participants
- Provide the necessary materials (attendance list, training evaluation, manuals, and any other material needed)
- Capture training records in the training data base
- Development and certification of internal training instructors
- Selection and negotiation of external training suppliers
- Effectiveness evaluation of training programs and its impact in the business? productivity as per the IATF requirements
- Verify advances of the Education System (Metalsa University Processes)
- Fulfill legal requirements (if any) as well as Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements
- Managing reimbursement and scholarship and Tuition processes according to the actual policy
- Consolidate and report of monthly training KPIs
- Develop internal training manuals and improve training internal courses
- Verify advances and status of training courses per area and the status of our personnel using training plan
- Additional responsibilities as required ? this position is subject to change as the needs of the department changeSAFETY
- Work in a safe manner and encourage others to do so.
- Report all unsafe acts and conditions immediately
- Use our Innovation process and the team concept to improve safety in the plant
- Be proactively involved with improving working conditions.QUALITY
- Offer ideas for improvement of all systems and help implement them
- Lead area in achieving plant quality objectives/goals
- 100% on-time delivery to customer
- Target 0 PPM on parts for all our customers (Metalsa and customer standard\: 25 or less PPM)
- Understand customer needs and work towards meeting and exceeding themHOUSEKEEPING
- Maintain the appearance of a World Class Facility
- Actively support full implementation of the 5S?s, using it to approach and keep all areas clean, neat and properly maintained.CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT/ TRAINING
- Actively involved with the Metalsa Model practices and promoting MOS principles.ACADEMICS AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA
- Hands on professional experience working in EHS area in automotive or industrial environment
- High School Diploma or GED
- BS Degree in Engineering or Environmental Sciences (preferred)
- EHS Certifications (preferred)HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
- Excellent communication, team orientation and presentation skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude
- Excellent control of stress,
- Analytical ability, problem solving and planning skillsTECHNICAL
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point, etc.)
- Preferred Web software knowledgeOTHER
- Safety and Quality oriented?
- Prompt and regular attendacePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or touch and required stand and walk inside or outside the plant.?
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms and go up and down stairs or ladders.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to visually focus.AUTHORITIES OF THE POSITION
- Has the authority to stop production for safety related issue?
- Has the authority to initiate and complete the A3
Keywords: Metalsa, S.A. de C.V., Tuscaloosa , EHS and Training Coordinator - N8 -, Other , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!