Client Services Tech 1 - Sample Receiving - Tuscaloosa, AL
Company: Pace Analytical Services LLC
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Responsible for shipping and receiving, processing, and
administration of samples, which
involve knowledge of fundamental lab and administration policies,
programs, and practices
while completing appropriate forms, documents, and databases. These
roles can provide a
variety of services in the maintaining of information, shipping,
receiving, samples and
materials, and related areas.
This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of
the job and is not all-inclusive.
Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other
than those contained in this document
and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and
1. Provides a variety of services using warehouse and lab support
multiple areas of sample administration, including receiving,
preparation, shipping, and disposal; samples involve fundamental
2. Reviews, completes, and processes various standard types of
databases, and related materials and information.
3. Picks up, transports, and delivers samples, documents,
materials, and other items as
4. Cleans, maintains, and stocks supplies, tools, paperwork, and
related items; disposes
of materials and samples using well-established guidelines and
5. Determines short-holds and rush samples and prioritizes based
6. Provides fundamental support in the application and assistance
to staff and
management regarding sample, equipment, and shipping/receiving
policies, programs, and practices.
7. Assists in the review and implementation of sampling, equipment,
shipping/receiving administration policies, practices, and programs
organizational, operations, and management needs.
8. Assists with ensuring compliance with applicable laws, rules,
and regulations; receives
guidance and direction or escalates when required.
9. Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the
department's service to its
customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as
an active member
of a work team.
10. Promotes and supports the overall mission of Pace Analytical by
courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with customers
and staff; acts
in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent; experience in related work is
preferred; OR an equivalent
combination of education, training, and experience. One year of
experience in a lab or office
setting is preferred.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and
certificates being maintained in active
status without suspension or revocation.
- Valid Driver's License is often required.Required Knowledge and
- Fundamental principles, practices, and techniques of sample and
- Fundamental principles, practices, and techniques of shipping
- Understanding of the daily administration and oversight of
sample programs, policies,and procedures.
- Safe driving principles and practices.
- Fundamental methods to resolve sample administrative or
technical problems,questions, and concerns.
- Ability to learn standard applicable organizational policies
and procedures on sample,equipment, and shipping/receiving
- Computer applications and systems related to the work.
- Principles and practices to serving as an effective project
- Methods to communicate with staff, coworkers, and customers to
ensure safe,effective, and appropriate operations.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar, and
- Performing fundamental sample, equipment, and
shipping/receiving administrationduties in a variety of assigned
- Providing standard support within varied sampling and
- Serving as a team member working with customers and
- Safely operating a motor vehicle
- Operating in both a team and individual contributor
- Interpreting, applying, and explaining organizational policies
- Maintaining databases, forms, documents, and related
- Using initiative and judgment within established department
policies and procedures.
- Using tact, discretion, and prudence in working with those
contacted in the course ofthe work.
- Performing effective oral presentations to groups and peers and
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work
unit goals, objectives,and activities.
Required Skills (continued):
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
with a variety ofindividuals contacted in the course of the
The physical demands described herein are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Mobility to work in a lab and office setting, use standard office
and lab equipment
and stamina to sit for extended periods of time; exerting up to 50
pounds of force
occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently to lift,
carry, push, pull or
move objects; vision to read printed materials and computer
screens; and hearing
and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Work is performed in a lab and office setting. Work is subject
chemicals, fumes, gasses,
noxious odors, and related items in a lab and samples setting.
Keywords: Pace Analytical Services LLC, Tuscaloosa , Client Services Tech 1 - Sample Receiving - Tuscaloosa, AL, Professions , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!