Catering Sales Manager
Company: Hotel Capstone
Posted on: October 11, 2019
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Will be responsible for selling and booking both Rooms and
- Work closely with each groups meeting planner regarding menu
planning, agenda setting, hotel meeting services, overnight room
needs, hospitality amenities and special VIP requests.
- Obtain all menu details, meeting room setups, refreshment break
needs, postings, and any other additional needs of the client to
ensure a successful event at the property.
- Obtain all rooming lists, monitor rooming list cut off dates,
and communicate with client to insure optimum room pick up.
- Communicate and enforce contractual agreements pertaining to
meeting space, food and beverage, and special concessions.
- Responsible for the review of all bills that are sent to the
client. In reviewing bills, they should be accurate and timely in
order to maximize return business. Responsible for the follow up to
make sure the meeting was successful.
- Create detailed event orders to meet the specifications of both
the client and Hotel.
- Assist in development, design, and implementation of custom
menus with Director of Sales and Food & Beverage Director.
- Maintain proper documentation of events, changes and special
requests with updated Event Orders, group resumes and rooming
lists. Provide accurate and concise information to all department
- Communicate event details to Hotel operations staff, including
food and beverage needs, audio visual requirements, function room
set-up, billing, recreation, activities, décor, and etc.
- Organize and conduct site visits, pre-planning visits, pre-con
and post-con meetings. Hotel Capstone Catering Sales Manager Job
- Assist in executing the expectations of the client as outlined
in the event order.
- Handle any challenges or concerns immediately and notify
Director of Sales and the appropriate department (Front Desk,
Banquet, and Food & Beverage Departments) of any necessary
- Maintain a level of professionalism and cooperation with
clients as well as co-workers.
- Greet all clients or point of contact as they arrive at the
hotel to ensure that they have all required items.
- Participate in weekly operations meetings to communicate the
upcoming groups needs.
- Adhere to the Sales and Catering Dress Code.
- Assist Director of Sales with any projects or special events as
needed. Must be able to perform other duties as assigned to meet
- Must be able to meet individual catering and rooms goals set
forth within the Sales and Catering Department and work with team
to obtain budgeted departmental goals.
- Participate in the Sales and Catering Departments monthly
Manager on Duty program. Specific Job Knowledge, Skills, &
Abilities: The individual must possess the following knowledge,
skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he
or she can perform the essential functions of the job:
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and
- Knowledge of food and beverage products, proper preparation and
presentation of food and beverage items
- Knowledge of meeting room capacities, banquet set-up,
audio-visual and any other pertinent details as they relate to
function/event room set-up
- Knowledge of hotels and competitive market
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to,
Opera, Microsoft Word, Excel and Delphi
- Excellent interpersonal and sales-related skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Menu selection and pricing knowledge Supportive Functions:
- Professionally represent the hotel at community organizations
- Participate as a team player with all departments
- Provide constructive feedback to all departments
- Be a leader and a role model to all employees
Keywords: Hotel Capstone, Tuscaloosa , Catering Sales Manager, Sales , Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!